lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: HD Leaf Springs 3 leaf vs. 4?

Thanks Scooter. I have the same tires as you and I’m running 15psi in mine. I was running 5 in the front and 10 in the back, but bumped them up to 7 in the front and 15 in the rear. I feel it rides much better especially on the road (less drag). When I have the cart loaded with buddies it feels like the cart is going to flip when going around a corner or through a ditch. I know the springs, shocks and sidewalls of the tires all come into play in this situation, but bumping up the air pressure in the rear helped some with this I feel. I’m curious to see how a heaver duty spring will help the situation.
BeerBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #12
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Husker, they look like they are brand new, so I won't mess with them...

I'm running 10 in the back and 8 up front, I tried 15 and 10, but the ride was harsh and bouncy, I was alone at the time. The lower pressure works good for just me and the wife, but you are right, with a "wide" load on the back, a little more pressure would do me some good.

Mine is the same way, I have to slow it way down when I'm fully loaded (4 deep) the suspension/frame/steering/tires are just not designed to carry 800 Lbs worth of dude at 20 MPH....espically with the center of gravity sitting 10 - 12" higher than it's original design

Think of it like this, go for a spin on any ATV (most are designed to carry one rider and a minimal amount of gear) get it up to a good speed and carve a few good turns...now pile on 3 of your buddies, 6 deep cycle batteries, and a cooler full of ice and "refreshments", and attempt that same run...crash for sure!

Sorry for the safety preaching; safety first, but always have fun!
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #13
BeerBuggy
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

LOL… right! Mine isn’t called the beer buggy for no reason!

Let me ask you this… I think I’ve read this but just verifying. I have a series cart and I think I read that you can just putt around on those just going like 5mphs without hurting anything, but the PDS models you have to go full out or you can tear up something… does that sound correct? Usually, I’m cruising around the neighborhood going ˝ speed or less. We like to call it going stealth mode… with a few beers in you actually start to believe you really can’t be seen LOL.
BeerBuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #14
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

HA!! now I know that feeling!

You are right on about the PDS thing. It's the slow creeping that eats them up, you should be fine with your series TXT. I run about 1/2 to 3/4 speed when I have a load and have not had any problems, I rarely have a full load, usually just me +1 and always on flat ground, so I'm still risking it with the PDS, but not as bad... there's a 400 amp Alltrax in my near future anyway!!
Old 08-15-2011, 05:00 PM   #15
DoorKicker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am in the process of installing 4 leaf HD rear springs. I just figured that mine were 2 leaf the way they were sagging, but when I jacked it up, sure enough these were 3 leaf that had begun to sag.

Hopefully the 4 leaf won't sag for a long time......
DoorKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:44 AM   #16
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorKicker View Post
I am in the process of installing 4 leaf HD rear springs. I just figured that mine were 2 leaf the way they were sagging, but when I jacked it up, sure enough these were 3 leaf that had begun to sag.

Hopefully the 4 leaf won't sag for a long time......
You should be fine with the 4 leaf.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #17
TSurette
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hope to have the new ones installed this weekend!
TSurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #18
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Go with the 4 leafs. I think 5 will be over kill. A shocks job is actually to hold the tire to the ground and prevent wheel hop. A lot of people think they are for ride quality but they are not!
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:48 PM   #19
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSurette View Post
Hope to have the new ones installed this weekend!
He install is really easy. People make a big deal out of it sometimes. Took me 40 minutes to do. Install your bushings into the leafs, put the other set of bushings into the rear shackles. Put your hanger brackets on and install the bolts and nuts but leave them loose. Don't forget to drive the pins through. Use a floor jack to line up the front holes with the hangers and hammer the shoulder bolt through and your done. But make sure to leave the rear loose, makes it go a lot easier!
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #20
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would put a little bit of grease on the bushings...mine squeaked for about two weeks, till they got nice and dirty/broken in.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO