lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2011, 08:36 AM   #1
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default 2007 EZGO no go

I'm working on a 2007- so I'm told, Ezgo TXT 36 volt with the tow/run switch. With the key on, in forward or reverse the solenoid with click for a second and the cart will not move. I checked for power, 37 volts on both sides of the solenoid, cart was running fine then just stopped. I tried to diagnose the speed controller but it doesn't match anything in the stickies, the plug is a ten pin in two rows of five not one row of ten. there are three other plugs, a 4 pin from the tow/run, a four pin- unsure were it goes and a 3 pin- unsure were it goes. It also has a 3 pin that is not plugged in and it has no where to plug in. The controller is a Curtis 73326g05 s/n 3232p 38063a. Thanks, Tim
Timscarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 EZGO no go

You have a PDS cart.
You say solenoid has 36v on both large terminals with the key off?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yes, I reading 37 volts on both sides of the solenoid with the key on and off. With the key on in forward or reverse the solenoid will click on and off for a second but the cart will not move. I tried to do the onboard diagnostics but nothing is happening.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Disconnect the Large cable on the controller side of the solenoid, retest for 36v on both large posts with key off cart in neutral. If yes the solenoid must be replaced.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

I swapped the speed controller from my friends cart, now it goes but it's extremely slow, maybe 5 mph.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yeah that's what a failed solenoid does. Do you know about PDS diagnostic mode? Put the cart in diagnostics and tell us what the code is... you have to have a working back up alarm.

PDS Diagnostic Mode =
PDS Diagnostic mode can be entered with the cart stopped key 'off' though 5 consecutive neutral > reverse selections. Then pause = about 2 seconds after the 5th selection the reverse buzzer will emit a series of beeps... First 1-4 beeps to identify the chip in it & then any fault codes. like 3 or 2.
Report what your cart reports here.
To exit diagnostic mode turn the maintenance switch from run to tow and back again
Old 05-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #7
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the info!!! The solenoid and speed controller were bad, cart wouldn't go full speed unless both were replaced. With the old speed controller it wouldn't do anything but click the solenoid, after I replaced the the speed controller it would go but only slow, after I replaced the solenoid it's back to normal. Your quick responce was much appreciated!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #8
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Hey Scotty, the controller in the cart I borrowed the parts from had a jumper wire- four red wires jumping one pin to the next on the controller and the other one did not, what does that do? I didn't notice any difference if was plugged in or not. Thanks again, Tim
Old 05-29-2011, 01:26 PM   #9
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That's the speed chip or Freedom chip installed. If you remove it and flip the Tow / Run switch it goes to all terrain that is slower, neither freedom or all terrain use the compression breaking. Aside from speed no real difference.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks Spawn.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO