lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
shipwrk99
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Cool 2006 yami g22e wont go

new to carts please help.just bought a yamaha g22e put a 6" lift under it and wont go.checked all batts read really good even under load.if i jack rear end up and help turn tires they will go with my assistence.now heres the bad part when installing the rear lift my son let the axle down which let the motor down and in return ripped the three wires out of the connector that go into the end of the motor.they are red green and black.i redid them using a good weather proof connector. what are they for?could they have unhooked inside the motor?anyways please help wana have ready for camping this weekend. thanks
shipwrk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
shipwrk99
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2006 yami g22e wont go

can anyone give me some input? it would be appreciated very much
Old 05-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwrk99 View Post
new to carts please help.just bought a yamaha g22e put a 6" lift under it and wont go.checked all batts read really good even under load.if i jack rear end up and help turn tires they will go with my assistence.now heres the bad part when installing the rear lift my son let the axle down which let the motor down and in return ripped the three wires out of the connector that go into the end of the motor.they are red green and black.i redid them using a good weather proof connector. what are they for?could they have unhooked inside the motor?anyways please help wana have ready for camping this weekend. thanks
That is the motor "tach sensor", it's basicly a magnet (on the armature) and a sensor that senses the motor/armuture turning. It's function is to give the comutor a signal for functions like "anti run away and regenitive brakeing. You could try 2 things. First, just unplug the lead from the main wire harness (will loos anti run away and regen feature though) and 2nd-put the "run/tow" switch in tow for 5 minutes (shuts off power to the computor) this will drain energy from the computer, flip the switch into run (should hear the solenoid klick) and many times the car will run again, beacuse the computer shut down to protect it self. Hope that works for you. Sorry about the long post.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #4
shipwrk99
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Talking Re: 2006 yami g22e wont go

thanks for the help smallblock. the yammi is up and ready for the weekend.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:37 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwrk99 View Post
thanks for the help smallblock. the yammi is up and ready for the weekend.
Now thats good news! Have a great Memorial weekend
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha