lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2019, 02:54 PM   #1
ncfenceguy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Alltrax 400 or 500 ??

I want to upgrade the controller on a stock 2012, excel cart, ADC motor. I am looking at the XCT 400, but was wondering if there are any drawbacks to getting the XCT 500 instead. It's not much more and comes with the cooling fan. I thought about detuning it until, or if, I ever do a motor upgrade etc.. Seems kinda silly to get a XCT 300 or 400 for the difference in money of the 500 and was wondering if I'm missing something?? I'm probably going to give Revolution Carts a call but wanted to be informed before I bother anyone. Thanks!!
ncfenceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2019, 02:56 PM   #2
bwc_oh33
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax 400 or 500 ??

I was in the same position as you. Spend the extra money and get the 500. You won’t regret it [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bwc_oh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:57 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfenceguy View Post
I want to upgrade the controller on a stock 2012, excel cart, ADC motor. I am looking at the XCT 400, but was wondering if there are any drawbacks to getting the XCT 500 instead. It's not much more and comes with the cooling fan. I thought about detuning it until, or if, I ever do a motor upgrade etc.. Seems kinda silly to get a XCT 300 or 400 for the difference in money of the 500 and was wondering if I'm missing something?? I'm probably going to give Revolution Carts a call but wanted to be informed before I bother anyone. Thanks!!
Don't hesitate to call. The 500 is a great option because it includes the fan. While the OEM motor isn't safe to run over 400 AMPS, you can always detune it like you describe and it'll work fine. If you ever decide to upgrade the motor later, you'll be ready for it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:00 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncfenceguy View Post
-snip-
Seems kinda silly to get a XCT 300 or 400 for the difference in money of the 500 and was wondering if I'm missing something?? I'm probably going to give Revolution Carts a call but wanted to be informed before I bother anyone. Thanks!!
Always been my philosophy unless you are just only wanting a better and cheaper then stock replacement and never want to upgrade further...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car