lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2016, 06:52 PM   #1
stellix
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default TXT gear reduction

Anybody ever swapped out rear end gears for more torque?
stellix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2016, 09:08 PM   #2
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT gear reduction

I did a 2 speed rear end from Axle Inc. The stock ratio for a txt is 12.77:1 but my 2 speed rear end can switch from a high speed of 10:1 or a stump pulling 20:1. there are aftermarket gears for speed but I have not seen any for torque except for the 14.76:1 that ezgo sells but for the price I would do the 2 speed axle from Axle Inc for $1500 which gives the best of both worlds.

Rob
Hypersprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:13 PM   #3
stellix
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Is that a complete axle for 1500? How do you change ratios, does it have a switch?
stellix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 09:57 PM   #4
Hypersprint
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That is a complete rear end that bolts to your springs and your motor and you shift between gears with a cable shifter that you setup.

Here is a pick of mine before it went in. And if you want the ultimate off road experience the little output shaft in front of the motor mount is to run a pto for a 4WD front end which is another $2500
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160420_191310.jpg (178.7 KB, 0 views)
Hypersprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 01:01 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

there are cheaper options, but they dont offer 2 speeds "best of both worlds". In a typical golf cart axle you don't get two ratios, you pick what you want and get that as a compromise between the highest speed or the highest torque, selected to suit your most important needs. (do i want offroad climbing power, or do i need to go 25+mph on the streets). if you got the cash to drop on the 2 speed axle, it would be sweet. but many of us have to select a gear ratio to fit our original axle. most stock axles have a 12.5ish:1 ratio. going to 8:1 gets speed at the expense of torque, going 17:1 gets torque/hill climbing power at the expense of less top speed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO