lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default batteries and travel distance

How far should a '05 PDS cart go running full throttle on '07 or '08 Trojans (105's)? The cart is lifted with 20" tires and a back seat and had 2 people (165 and 220 pounds) in it. It is also running a 400 amp Alltrax controller.

also a few small hills to navigate.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: batteries and travel distance

How far did it go?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
tundra12000
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I was gonna ask the same question but mine is a 03 pds with stock motor and controller .
tundra12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundra12000 View Post
I was gonna ask the same question but mine is a 03 pds with stock motor and controller .
so how far does your's go ,
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Practically speaking run-time is a very subjective result based on a very complex multifaceted equation

Rabbit said it pretty good....I saved it
Actual run Time?

It is not possible to say what the actual drive time should be. When dealers test batteries, they use a discharge machine that takes the batteries from a full charge down to the shutdown voltage of the cart (for example, on a 36 volt system, the cart is considered in "shut down" at 32.5 volts on the pack under load). The length of time it takes do do this, coupled with the ambient temperature, gives us a rough idea of the life of the battery pack (as well as points out any bad batteries in the pack). As a general rule of thumb, any discharge time above 80 minutes is considered fair, above 90 is considered good, and above 100 is considered very good. A brand new set, properly charged and broken in should discharge at approximately 110 minutes.

The reason I gave all that information is that during "normal" operation, you are not actually running with the pedal down for 5 hours. If you were to start out and run full pedal down without let-up, the batteries should last roughly the same as a "discharge test"

I hope this helps .......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have to start watching what I say around Scotty lmao......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:36 AM   #7
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have to go out and measure the distance we rode in a couple of days. but my state of charge meter only got down to just over 50% and my batteries are checked out today at 6.37 to 6.39 and they are all D-8's.

I was concerned with how they were dropping during the ride then I got to thinking about how we were full peddle for 4 plus miles with the weight and the hilly terrain. My batteries have been checked (cables tightened, distilled water added, protectant sprayed on) on the 28th of every month since I got them 2 years ago.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:39 AM   #8
tundra12000
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok Scotty that pretty much summed it up . I have a local shop here in town that says when they do a controller and motor upgrade they are getting 40 - 50 miles out of them . I wouldn't want to be the one to ride it for that long but it sure would be helpful to have that longivity in hunting camp . So what can i do to get max time out of my cart ?
Old 11-15-2010, 07:22 AM   #9
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundra12000 View Post
Ok Scotty that pretty much summed it up . I have a local shop here in town that says when they do a controller and motor upgrade they are getting 40 - 50 miles out of them . I wouldn't want to be the one to ride it for that long but it sure would be helpful to have that longivity in hunting camp . So what can i do to get max time out of my cart ?
the only way they are getting that kind of range out of the batteries is by switching the system to an AC motor setup (hence the motor and controller change). There is an increase in run time by switching to eight 6 volt batteries, but even that would not yeild 40-50 miles on a single charge I believe.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:39 AM   #10
tundra12000
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm new to this cart stuff but i really didn't think that was possible . i do believe that if i do a controller and a motor upgrade i will increase the power and gain some run time correct ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO