lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Big Block Clutch Options

I'm just passing some conversion info along I've been working on to the folks looking for a clutch for there

Big Block Golf Cart Swaps

. The first 2 clutches are straight shaft. Seeing as Comet is out of business and availability of comet 780 and comet 1190 stock is limited/unknown here ya go....Thenewguy has had a CVTech clutch on his 18 HP Big Block Yamaha since it was new. There may be others available soon and they will be posted when the information is available.

CVTech 06 Serie

for 1" straight shaft Briggs, Honda and other Engines. Cart Part Plus also has these in stock now for $325.95. This clutch is a little wider than the Comet 780 clutch. According to Tom the only clutch that doesn't hit the Club Car leaf springs with his swap kit is the 780 Comet. It may be the same with other kits and custom built swaps.

There is all kind of calibration kits available for these clutches also.
This is the

06 Serie

CVTech 06 Serie Clutch

Dimensions of the 06 Serie clutch.
(clutch is about 6.3 inches deep by 7.58 diameter)
CVTech 06 Serie clutch dimension

Its a little wider than the Comet 780 and there are interference issues on Club Cars with the leaf springs. I don't know if this is ALL club car swaps. There is another CVTech model thats being looked into for the club cars but I can't confirm nor deny the existance of a part number at this time.

PDF on the 06 Serie Clutch.
06 Serie PDF

CVTech Powerbloc 80

for 1 1/8" straight shaft Briggs, Honda and other engines. Cart Parts Plus may also be carrying these soon. Maybe others.

This is the

Powerbloc 80

Calibration kits available as well for these if needed.
CVTech powerbloc 80 clutch

Powerbloc Clutch

Same issue with club car leaf springs.

Powerbloc 80 PDF
Powerbloc 80 Manual

The 06 Serie Retails for $339 Canadian. As of this writing about $323.75 USD
The Powerbloc 80 Retails for $469.99 Canadian. As of this writing about $447.90 USD

Polaris P90 clutch

Theres also the Polaris P90 clutch that is used on Polaris ATV's. These can be found on ebay pretty cheap. If you go this route you have to bore the clutch to 1" straight and broach a keyway. You may or may not have to calibrate the clutch engagement RPM for your engine by changing springs and weights. Depends on what the clutch came off of. I have never done this nor know anyone who has but some Baja SAE Racing Teams use modded P90's for their Briggs straight shaft engines.

Straight from Polaris
Quote:
· How should we mount the P90 clutch to our engine?
· I would recommend boring the clutch to the correct diameter and depth (1” dia X approx. 3.75” depth) and then broaching the ¼” keyway. The 1” bore will not clean up the entire original taper, but if you hold the diameter tightly, you will have plenty to pilot on. I like this method better than making an adapter or modifying the crankshaft.
Some more useful Clutch info:

Clutch Tuning Handbook

Polaris clutch manual
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 06SERIES-ANG_27617.pdf (431.3 KB, 114 views)
File Type: pdf POWERBLOC50ANG_27859.pdf (471.4 KB, 91 views)
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!