lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2021, 05:53 PM   #1
dmiller@tecolote.net
Not Yet Wild

Default Problem with Lester Electrical Summit 2 charger

I got a an electric cart from a place that getting rid of some equipment. They said that the batteries were new, and they had a new charger, but it wasn't working. I charged the batteries individually, and they do seem good even though they were completely discharged. I drove it today and it fundamentally works so I am pretty happy. ( I got this thing essentially free )

The bigger issue is the charger which is a Lester Electrical Summit 2 charger. Initially I could not connect with bluetooth, but this turned out to be that they had hooked the DC from the batteries to the charger backwards. The charger brains and bluetooth run off of the battery voltage. When I corrected this, the bluetooth started working, and the LEDs do what they are supposed to when the bluetooth is connected. I am hoping that this means that the charger is still good even though it was connected backwards.

When I try to connected to it with the app, I see the charger as a device. I tap on the charger serial number, and the dashboard comes up and a message that it is reading system parameters. After a few seconds of trying to read the system parameters, the dashboard screen goes away, and I am back where I started. Since the dashboard screen is never accessible to me, I can't do anything. I have tried all kinds of things on both an Apple and Android with no luck. Can somebody who is familiar with these chargers tell me if I am missing something? Or maybe wiring it in backwards has damaged the unit even though the bluetooth still works. It seems like everything this app and charger can do is accessed through the dashboard, and I can't get a dashboard to come up.

Thanks!
Dave M
dmiller@tecolote.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2021, 06:42 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Problem with Lester Electrical Summit 2 charger

The charger has reverse polarity and short circuit protection built in so hooking it up backwards wouldn’t cause any harm. It’s possible there is a software issue if it’s an older charger. You might want to get in touch with Lester tech support and see if they can give you an info or help determine if there’s a problem with the charger or just a connection issue.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 07:44 PM   #3
dmiller@tecolote.net
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Problem with Lester Electrical Summit 2 charger

Thank you. I will get in touch with Lester and post back what I find out

Dave M
dmiller@tecolote.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts