lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2008, 07:14 AM   #11
Robow
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Gas Deer Hunting Cart?

Second weekend in a row we had to haul a cart back to camp with a truck! For some reason both carts aren't holding a charge worth a ***. I told my pal I'm rethinking getting another electric car. He said "yup I'm going with gas".

Now I'm not sure what to do. If I knew I could get a cart that I wouldn't need to charge after every use I would stay with eleictric. I just can't bring myself to get a gas cart. (and that was before exaust fumes were brought up)

The other day I told my buddy that a big reason why we are having trouble is because are carts are old 36V resistor carts (with new batteries). I said if we got newer 48V we should be fine. What do you guys think?
Robow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #12
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

How far are you going before it dies. If both carts are doing the same thing your chargers may not be getting enough juice from your portable generator. Part throttle with resistors will use up electricity in a hurry, as would hilly terrain.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:10 AM   #13
BCW
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmanmike View Post
How far are you going before it dies. If both carts are doing the same thing your chargers may not be getting enough juice from your portable generator. Part throttle with resistors will use up electricity in a hurry, as would hilly terrain.

My thoughts too,
my cart is only a 36 V, but knock on wood its been good.
Here where I live is flat, the worst thing is sugar sand to much of that
will draw it down quicker.

But how far are you traveling before she goes any Hills ??
BCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 06:24 AM   #14
Robow
Not Yet Wild

They will go about 1 trip back before they start slowing down. Last year we would get about 3-4 trips

Before I left for Turkey camp I put a full charge them both but is was the same charger. I wonder if there is somthing wrong with charger?
Old 05-25-2008, 04:25 AM   #15
BCW
Gone Wild

Thumbs up Re: Gas Deer Hunting Cart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robow View Post
They will go about 1 trip back before they start slowing down. Last year we would get about 3-4 trips

Before I left for Turkey camp I put a full charge them both but is was the same charger. I wonder if there is somthing wrong with charger?

Also how old are your batterys in both carts ?

You say 1 trip back before they begin to slow,
are you talking miles ? if so how many before they start slowing
or dieing.
Just might be your charger, someone with more expierence can help you.
but I'll be watching the thread . Good luck
BCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:07 AM   #16
Robow
Not Yet Wild

Batteries in the CC are a year old. The G1 I don't know I guess I should look.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:43 PM   #17
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

if both carts are doing the same thing(discharging) I would definately look at your generator. I remember reading somewhere that generators don't actually produce the same power as the local electric company. your generator is converting power to 115v and charger is reducing to 36/48 dcv. Maybe not explained correctly. The way I understand elec it produces pulses and thats what the charger reads and it can be reading something totally different from your generator than it would from house current. Take your cart home and charge there and then see how it runs before going gas route.
I was lucky at my hunting camp, we only had to run 1 pole to the elec transmission line, and we are still invisible to the road.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:46 PM   #18
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Nate or somebody else should be able to give a more educated explaination.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #19
duckdown
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

i had a electric one i used at hunting camp all deer season and never charged it, u can upgrade power and make them as strong or stronger than a gas cart, mine has a 400 amp controller and a beast motor, it will pull the front tires off the ground on concrete and thats with 22s on it
duckdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:07 PM   #20
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Some of the things that I say to people when wanting to do exactly what you are thinking of doing is I think gas is more affordable when only using it as much as you do, being that the cost of cheap 6v batts are now $80 dollars a piece. Also the cart that I hunt with is a gas... my buddy just sold his 4 wheeler and is going to a lifted gas in the fall.
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing