lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
rsher2010
Not Yet Wild

Default Using a club car charger for a wincar buggy

Hi there,
I work as a mechanic on a golf course here in Ireland. I have been asked to fix a chineese wincar drinks buggy that the club has but i have found that the charger has died . In the Wincar it is a seperate plug in charger that is mounted to the body and only has 2 wires going to the batteries (6 X 8v batteries) totaling 48v. The club has a lot of club car chargers that are for 48v buggies so I striped the 3 pin plug off the end and got a red a blue and a black wire but i cannot get voltage out of any of these. Does anybody know a way to trick the charger to give out 48v for charging the chineese bateries.
By the way i definatly would not recomend a cheap chineese cart.
Thanks for any help
rsher2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Using a club car charger for a wincar buggy

SORRY WONT WORK unless you wire in a Club Car ( OBC ) On Board Computer about $260.00 American as I assume you have Club Car Power Drive chargers? The OBC on Club Car controls the charge rate and goes through a whole series of tests during charge cycle and is rather complicated BUT A VERY GOOD battery saving charger unit. You would need another type of charger that is a self contained automatic unit.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: Using a club car charger for a wincar buggy

To BGW
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car