lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2010, 07:19 AM   #1
Hat Trick
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default GO Pedal

CC 2002 DS series, full teardown and rebuild although I never took apart the brake or go pedal at all. I had some problems with the brake pedal at first getting it to lock down and finally got that fixed, but now I am having issues with the go pedal. The go pedal just goes to the floor and doesn't bounce back to the set position when you take your foot off the pedal. I presume this isn't normal, but I am at a loss what to check. The spring looks fine and the actual parts underneath all rotate EXCEPT the plastic rod that goes into the MCOR.

Suggestions or is nothing wrong?
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: GO Pedal

Sounds like the peddle has lost a solid connection to the MCOR rod... I think it is a clamped connection... If I remember right you can tighten the fit by squeezing the aluminum brake peddle part with a large channel lock pliers. Be sure your peddle is all the way up when you do this.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Are you able to get underneath and have some one push pedal for you so you can check each part for operation? If pedal doesn't come back from floor and spring and attachments are not broken it must be Accelerator Pivot Rod # 102026001 link that goes through the pedal itself, ( and or ) possibly the accelerator pedal itself #1017696?
By having brake pedal lock down problems you may have done some damage to Go pedal also as they are interlinked by the park brake ratchet on the end of accelerator pivot rod . If the accelerator pivot rod wont transfer motion to spring and MCOR linkage that is what your problem is?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #4
Hat Trick
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
Are you able to get underneath and have some one push pedal for you so you can check each part for operation? If pedal doesn't come back from floor and spring and attachments are not broken it must be Accelerator Pivot Rod # 102026001 link that goes through the pedal itself, ( and or ) possibly the accelerator pedal itself #1017696?
By having brake pedal lock down problems you may have done some damage to Go pedal also as they are interlinked by the park brake ratchet on the end of accelerator pivot rod . If the accelerator pivot rod wont transfer motion to spring and MCOR linkage that is what your problem is?
The brake pedal was not locking down so I loosened the nuts attached to it, move the pedal all the way back and then retightened. I sure hope it is just slipping like Scotty thinks. I have a friend coming over to help me with it in the morning, hopefully we can get it figured out. I will break the diagnosis parts down like you listed and see what we come up with. Thanks.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
Hat Trick
Getting Wild
Club Car

Alright, sprayed the connections with some PB and worked it in moving the pedal back and forth about 100 times and voila, it now springs back perfectly. Amazing it was that simple.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:41 AM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Funny what a little maintenace can do? Club Car recommends lubing of all linkage points with dry lub ( 4 ) times a year.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #7
Mullysd
Not Yet Wild

Club car V glide
What would happen if took out resistors on the back of V glide? Would that make it go faster without hurting the cart?
Mullysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

MULLYSD-- This is HAT TRICKS post, start your own post, dont jump on some one elses post. as it makes very one confused.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car