lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2017, 01:00 PM   #1
EZFISHING
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Club car wrecked

I picked up a cheap but wrecked Club car! Any suggestions on un twisting the frame? It appears to be passenger side 'tube' is slightly twisted! Not looking for perfect just cruising in Campground! Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171202_131721019_HDR.jpg (147.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20171202_131352264_HDR.jpg (203.5 KB, 0 views)
EZFISHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2017, 01:26 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Club car wrecked

Been there a time or two.

Completely disassemble it as the aluminum is bad about cracking at the weld joints after a crash.

Inspect the 2 main channels first with close watch on the cross member area and battery trays as they are smaller angles. Measure across the mounting sections and look for where the bends are the worse. We placed ours on a steel table and then welded jigs to the tables and used mild heat, clamps and come-along to get it back. Once we were close, we used the measurements from another frame and got it all spot on. I have had to replace a really bad piece so that is not uncommon but be sure to use a good MIG welder and clean and bevel your joints really well.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:52 PM   #3
EZHO
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Probably need to pull both front tires and give us a lot of pictures of BOTH sides (to compare a good side to ) take all pictures straight on and 90 degrees to cart, High ,low, straight-on .. you'll need to post a couple of times due to 4 or 5 pics per post (use reply), but that's ok ,its your thread ..
if we cant see enough you might have to pull the front cowling off.
Theres a lot of us off road fabricators here on the forum. I'll bet we can set you Straight
EDIT : nolefan posted while i was writing this . sounds like he already knows where its bent from experience !
but we dont know you skill level with this so keep us posted
EZHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:36 PM   #4
EZFISHING
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks so much! Heading to work now! Hopefully I can break it down this weekend and get more pictures and better view!
EZFISHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:17 AM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Been there a time or two.

Completely disassemble it as the aluminum is bad about cracking at the weld joints after a crash.

Inspect the 2 main channels first with close watch on the cross member area and battery trays as they are smaller angles. Measure across the mounting sections and look for where the bends are the worse. We placed ours on a steel table and then welded jigs to the tables and used mild heat, clamps and come-along to get it back. Once we were close, we used the measurements from another frame and got it all spot on. I have had to replace a really bad piece so that is not uncommon but be sure to use a good MIG welder and clean and bevel your joints really well.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:49 AM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I've got three bare frames sitting here looking for a home. Nothing wrong with them at all. Not sure if you'd want to drive to Georgia or not. Two 1999s and one 2008.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car