lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2019, 09:02 PM   #1
Sorceress
Not Yet Wild

Default Speed Adjustment

When I purchased my used 2005 Club Car Precedent, I was told that the speed control of the cart had been turned down, because of how it was being used. Is there a way to turn it back up?
Sorceress is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2019, 06:32 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Speed Adjustment

Yes, you can go to any dealer or service place and they will have a curtis programmer to change your speed codes from 1-3. If you want SP-4, it will cost you around a $100 because they have to pay Club Car to supply the code and then they can program it into your controller.

Speed Codes for IQ (with stock height tires and a good pack):
Speed Setting 1 = 8 MPH
Speed Setting 2 = 13.2 MPH
Speed Setting 3 = 14.8 MPH
Speed Setting 4 = 19.6 MPH (Private Code)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:27 PM   #3
Aflyer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorceress,
What Nole said is Gold.

Can you tell us how fast your cart goes now?

You also mentioned that you were told your speed was turned down. If your cart was ever on Private Code, there "could" be a sticker on the cart with what I think is a 5 digit code. My sticker was on the right side dash support. If you have the sticker maybe a dealer can put that code back in for you.

Other members who are smarter than I will probably jump in to confirm or provide better details.
Aflyer
Aflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:29 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyer View Post
Sorceress,
If your cart was ever on Private Code, there "could" be a sticker on the cart with what I think is a 5 digit code.
Aflyer
It's more like a combination lock with three different numbers. It would be something like this..

Code A - 128
Code B - 57
Code C - 89
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:48 AM   #5
Sorceress
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyer View Post
Sorceress,
What Nole said is Gold.

Can you tell us how fast your cart goes now?

You also mentioned that you were told your speed was turned down. If your cart was ever on Private Code, there "could" be a sticker on the cart with what I think is a 5 digit code. My sticker was on the right side dash support. If you have the sticker maybe a dealer can put that code back in for you.

Other members who are smarter than I will probably jump in to confirm or provide better details.
Aflyer
Sorry, I have no idea how fast it is going now. I received the cart from my Son as a present. It was used in his business as a courtesy vehicle on any events he was running. That is how I know it was turned down as a precautionary measure being strangers was using it to get around the events. He just told me that it can go a lot faster then how it is presently set up. I also did not see any stickers denoting a code. Also, for some reason I am not getting any email notifications when a reply is transmitted. I did check and I am on instant email notification and my email in my profile is correct.
Sorceress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:40 AM   #6
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

If your handy and got a few basic tools you can install a speed magnet and get 20+ mph. Or take it to a dealer and have them adjust it to the speed you want.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:22 AM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
If your handy and got a few basic tools you can install a speed magnet and get 20+ mph. Or take it to a dealer and have them adjust it to the speed you want.
Ideally, the controller needs to be set on speed setting 3 to reap the benefits of a high speed magnet. Sounds like he's set on speed setting 1.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:03 PM   #8
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
If your handy and got a few basic tools you can install a speed magnet and get 20+ mph.
The reason Tahoe mentions SP3 is that the poles on the magnet allow you to basically make the computer think you are half as many RPM's and with SP1 is about ~8 mph so you would only get to ~16mph.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:12 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
The reason Tahoe mentions SP3 is that the poles on the magnet allow you to basically make the computer think you are half as many RPM's and with SP1 is about ~8 mph so you would only get to ~16mph.
Not only that, but Sergio brought up a good point a few years ago about the fact that the controller performs slightly different when set on setting 2 vs setting 3 in other aspects besides max speed. Although the max allowed RPM of both of these settings would be well over what you're actually going to achieve, it'll perform better on 3.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:39 PM   #10
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Not only that, but Sergio brought up a good point a few years ago about the fact that the controller performs slightly different when set on setting 2 vs setting 3 in other aspects besides max speed. Although the max allowed RPM of both of these settings would be well over what you're actually going to achieve, it'll perform better on 3.
Probably the throttle curve or something similar as I cannot think of what else would make a major difference, but I will play around with it next time and see what all it is....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car