lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2017, 10:22 AM   #1
Kramlinck1
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default 1996 CC DS won't move!! solenoid or controller?

I have a 1996 club car that has worked for years with no problem. Recently the forward and reverse switch was acting up. Sometimes the cart would not move until I toggled the switch back and forth several times. I suspected a bad f&r switch so I replaced it. Since I replaced it I get nothing. The battery pack is fully charged. There are no clicks or sounds coming from the solenoid whatsoever. I jumped the small post on the solenoid to battery positive and it will click then. I've checked the connections to the f&r switch several times thinking I may have hooked something up wrong. Is it possible that my controller went bad? Should the solenoid still click with a bad controller? I'm not too savey on electric stuff, trying different tests I read about on this forum. I guess my main question is, should I jump straight to the controller? Thanks everyone!
Kramlinck1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car