lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
silver06xe
Not Yet Wild

Default Dupli color paint shop

Has anyone used the ready to spray Paint Shop from duplicolor? Is the paint any good?
silver06xe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2010, 10:07 AM   #2
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Dupli color paint shop

I USED IT TO PAINT THE PIECES THAT I MAKE FOR MY STEREO. ITS OK IF YOU FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS TO THE T. IT IS BY NO MEANS PAINT THAT YOU WILL FIND A AUTO BODY SHOP USING, BUT FOR THOSE OF US THAT HAVE NO CLUE WHAT WE ARE DOING, IT WORKS PRETTY GOOD. JUST REMEMBER THAT PREP WORK IS EVERYTHING.

OH, AND USE A DESCENT GUN. I PURCHASED A PAIR OF HVLP GUNS FROM TRACTOR SUPPLY AND I RAN THEM USING DRY NITROGEN. I COULD NOT GET THE THE ORANGE PEEL OUT. THEY WOULDNT SPRAY A GOOD MIST. THEY WERE MORE LIKE SPITTING. I ALSO DID NOT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS VERY WELL.
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

I forgot to say that master66 is the man when it comes to painting. I talked to him when i was painting my stereo pieces and he told me what i was doing wrong. Get in touch with him if you need help.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
silver06xe
Not Yet Wild

thanks
silver06xe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

Im going to buy a better gun and try it on the workhorse im working on for my brother.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

DRY NITROGEN.
That sounds like it would be very cold at the nozzle.
DOOmsman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

ITS NOT. WE USE IT IN HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING TO LEAK TEST AND GET NON CONDENSABLES OUT OF THE SYSTEM. THERE IS A COMPANY OUT THERE THAT MAKES A NITROGEN SPRAYING SYSTEM FOR AUTO BODY SHOPS. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THEY ARE HEATING THE NITROGEN. I CANT FIND THE VIDEO OF A GUY PAINTING WITH IT, BUT, ITS UNREAL HOW MUCH FASTER IT ALLOWS YOU TO PAINT.

THE ONLY REAL REASON I SEE USING IT IS BECAUSE ITS DRY. IN HVAC WE CAN NOT HAVE MOISTURE IN THE SEALED SYSTEM. NITROGEN IS GREAT IN REMOVING MOISTER. SO THERE FOR, NO WATER.

I ALSO HAVE A SETUP FOR RUNNING SMALL AIR TOOLS ON IT. ITS GREAT OF SMALL TASKS LIKE LUG NUTS AND THINGS. AND ITS PORTABLE.

Last edited by blake80; 10-22-2010 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: BAD SPELLING
Old 10-22-2010, 04:08 PM   #8
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Silver
I have not used that particular system but as long as you follow the directions and maybe get a tech sheet with it, or pull one up on line you should be ok. I will look in to it and let you know what I think if you would like. Blake is correct in saying that take you're time on the prep because that will really ruin a paint job no matter how good you are at laying paint.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint