lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2022, 12:21 PM   #1
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 96 ds hard to start

Hey guy i have a 1996 club car ds gas for a winter project and the cart is pretty hard to start once i got it starter it run good what i found so far is both starter and drive belt are pretty loose and the drive belt is all cracked and missing some part do you think it might be my problem ? Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 979CFF80-B4C8-42C9-BF6F-144D971ADBE4.jpg (144.6 KB, 0 views)
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2022, 03:23 AM   #2
Stevowevo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 96 ds hard to start

I’d say that belt is toast so it’s a good place to start. I’m just getting into dealing with our first cart so hopefully someone else will come along and recommend other parts to check. Not sure what engine carburetor you have but that might need adjustment or cleaning. Maybe throw a new plug in as well. I usually look at the simple (cheap) things first
Stevowevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:05 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes belts matter. The thin one for the starter generator needs to be in good condition and tight enough that it doesn't slip. The thicker one (drive belt) will have slack when at rest, but that one certainly needs to be replaced.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:51 AM   #4
michaelg30534
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My cart had a terrible time starting when I first bought it used from a guy a few months ago. I replaced belts, and put a new carb, fuel pump and spark plug from Amazon and it made a world of a difference. It starts right up now with no delay.

I would go with those quick, easy and affordable changes first and see if it fixes the problem.
michaelg30534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 10:09 PM   #5
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the info guy I will certainly get new belt carburator and spark plug for it the guy i got it from told me it’s been parked for a year before i got it.
Old 01-27-2022, 07:18 AM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

If you have the OEM carb I wouldn't bother buying another one, Remove it and soak it in carb cleaner to remove varnish that is restricting the jets and passageways and reassemble, this should correct your hard starting issue.

Spend that carb money on more BLING baby!!!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 09:28 PM   #7
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
If you have the OEM carb I wouldn't bother buying another one, Remove it and soak it in carb cleaner to remove varnish that is restricting the jets and passageways and reassemble, this should correct your hard starting issue.

Spend that carb money on more BLING baby!!!!
That’s a really good idea and it sure worth to try i agree there is way nicer thing to buy than a carb ahahaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car