lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
zachsclub
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default GE magnet

Just I stalled a speed magnet on 05 precedent with ge motor. I don't really see a big difference. Can you put this in wrong or backwards. The directions didnt really state either way. Any suggestions????
zachsclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: GE magnet

What speed code were you on before you installed the magnet? I just installed one on my 2002 DS GE motor about an hour ago. I was told I had speed code 4, but it would max out at 17.4 MPH even going down hill. Now on flat ground I hit just at 19MPH, but on a slight downhill I got a max so far of 24.5MPH. BIG difference on top end. Torque stayed the same. I am going to try it tomorrow with windshield down and a fresh charge on batteries. Did you have any problems installing the magnet?

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
zachsclub
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It's on 3. Ran it before I swapped the magnet on GPS. Hit 14 mph. After the magnet I hit 16. Not sure I put it own right. Taking the other one off was a nightmare but got it done
Old 02-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

On my magnet the was a metal lip on one side and was flush on the other. When I got the other magnet off I noticed the lip was toward the motor. So that is how I put my magnet back on. Have you tried going on a downhill grade to see how fast you can go? How old are your batteries? I also put on 4 gauge wires. My 6 gauge were getting really warm just on the speed code 4 setting, so that will make a difference. Personally I don`t think you have it on wrong, because if you did the speed sensor wouldn't work. And neither would the cart. You can only go as fast as the motor can turn with the amount of current it can get.

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #5
zachsclub
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I agree. I guess after years of drag racing and actually feeling changes I was expecting big changes. It has woke up the cart for sure but not gonna say it is wicked quick. I was going down a gradual slope and hit 19 mph. Gues that's not bad for a buggy
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car