lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 04:21 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Mechanical Electrical Engineer Expertise Interpretation Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
thebonecollector A Melex is a copy of a ezgo marathon. You posted this in the Club Car forum. it should be in the ezgo forum. I will move this for you. OK
Rib, FT did such a nice job with a concise summary, can you make it a Sticky somewhere something like: "Controller Cart Basics"?

I think it is an excellent synopsis.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2019, 04:34 PM   #12
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Rib, FT did such a nice job with a concise summary, can you make it a Sticky somewhere something like: "Controller Cart Basics"?

I think it is an excellent synopsis.
Yes he did. Find some where for it. And I will put it there.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:47 PM   #13
rib33024

thebonecollector I started you a new thread in the ezgo forum.

Here's a link to your new thread

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...on-please.html
Old 10-18-2019, 06:47 PM   #14
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I'm going to answer here first since the info is relevant to the thread, but will post a copy in the other thread Rib started.

Quote:
The GREEN wire was the wire for the reverse sensing device or back up beeper. I did remove the beeper itself and then just made it a direct connection basically to the smaller - post on the solenoid. You are exactly correct though. After we got the new microswitches installed on the F/R Switch and turned the Key switch ON nothing happened UNTIL we moved the Forward Reverse switch to FORWARD position and the Diode blew instantly.
Right, Jumping the green wire directly together removes the resistance from that circuit, which essentially makes it a direct short when the switch is actuated. I don't think this fried your diode, but I'll get to that in a second.
If the reverse buzzer did not work, or you just want to remove it, then you should remove the wire that supplies power to the reverse microswitch.

You mentioned you installed a new solenoid, so you had to remove the diode from the old solenoid, and install it on the new one correct? It's possible you installed the diode backwards which would have fried it as soon as the switches closed to send power to the solenoid. When you install the New Diode make sure the Band on the diode is Towards the Positive Side of the solenoid.
Second thing about the solenoid, What brand and model number solenoid did you install?
Some of the higher amp solenoids do have a polarity to the solenoid coil (small terminals) and that polarity has to be correct when you connect the positive and negative wires to the solenoid or else it will smoke the diode and possibly ruin the solenoid. Those solenoids will have + and - marked on the terminals, so double check that before connecting the wires to it.

In your second re-drawn diagram you are missing the wire from the Pot Box to the solenoid. The Key switch gives power to the F/R microswitch, the micro sends power to another micro switch inside the pot box, which I will call the "Throttle Microswitch". The throttle micro switch then sends power to the small positive terminal of the solenoid. This is designed so the solenoid does not engage until you have the Key On, F or R selected, and Press the throttle, so that you have three steps before the cart is able to move.
Double check the wiring for that circuit on your cart. Make sure it matches the Melex diagram.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:56 AM   #15
Derricktaylor
Not Yet Wild

I am confused on the information in your #3. The only connection that I see in my Melex drawing coming or going to the B+ on the controller is going to the L or LOAD side of the Solenoid Big Post. The only other wire on the same Big Post is going to the A1 on the motor. I am not understanding where you say that I have a microswitch pulling power from the B+ terminal on the controller. I guess i dont understand how the power is flowing if that it correct. Also I am not certain on the GREEN wire. The GREEN wire was for the reverse beeper. I cut the beeper out and just attached the GREEN wire direct to the Negative side of the Solenoid on the small post negative side. On the drawing it shows that same "circuit" then coming from the Negative small post on the solenoid and going direct to the B- on the controller. Is that because when the key is switched on the Pack Power of 36v is flowing through the Common on the left microswitch and then out the NC side of the switch via the GREEN wire up to the Negative side of the Solenoid on the small post?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Color Electrical Circuit.jpg (157.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-20-2019, 10:31 AM   #16
rib33024

Derricktaylor if your trying to tell thebonecollector something here is his new thread. Post your answer or questions in that thread. This is the electric club car forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
thebonecollector I started you a new thread in the ezgo forum.

Here's a link to your new thread

Old 10-20-2019, 11:45 PM   #17
thebonecollector
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you. We are getting somewhere and that is great. I am waiting on our last set of microswitches to try and get this to work for our trip next week. I want to make sure I understand the comment in your #3 from your first response. You say that in my drawing there is a switch on the RIGHT that seems to be drawing power from the B+ terminal at the solenoid via GREEN wire. I am attaching the same drawing that only has the GREEN wire colored. The micro switch that this is referencing is from the F/R switch control. It is however the switch on the LEFT and it did go to the back up beeper which I removed and wired direct to what I thought was the SMALL post on the solenoid and on the NEGATIVE side of the solenoid. Am I understanding the drawing correctly? I think that the LARGE TERMINALS on the solenoid are the Posts on the top labeled N and L standing for NEUTRAL AND LOAD. The positive Pack + cable is going direct to the N side of the TOP Post on the solenoid. The SMALL posts on the solenoid are on the bottom I am understanding and the NEGATIVE side of the small posts of the solenoid is the RIGHT side under the L Large post. Is this correct? How i see this circuit flowing is that the GREEN wire is coming from the NC side of the Forward Micro Switch and it went to the back up beeper and then to the negative side of the solenoid at the small post it then went from there to the SPEED CONTROLLER to the B- which is in fact the Pack Main NEGATIVE. This is the only GREEN wire that I have in my drawing. Is this how you are seeing this? When I removed that back up beeper I just took that wire and connected it direct to the negative side of the solenoid at the small post. I did that so that the reverse sensing circuit would still be there in the event that the controller required that circuit as part of its processing.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:14 AM   #18
rib33024

New Thread in the ezgo forum

Closed Thread

Tags
can someone explain, melex 152
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car