lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2019, 08:31 AM   #51
mmiille
Getting Wild

Club Car

Location: In a van down by the river, between Iowa & Southern California
Default Re: Driving and heard a pop, then

So I have a new Admiral A2 motor and SW180 / 200 amp solenoid with an Alltrax XCT controller on the way. Plus brand new batteries last spring. This parts replacer hopes to have it put back together before the season is over.
mmiille is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2019, 10:47 AM   #52
mmiille
Getting Wild

Club Car

Got everything back together and jacked up the cart off the wheels. It goes in reverse when switched to forward and forward while switched in reverse. And my swear jar is full. What have I got hooked up wrong to cause that? There were two spade connectors on my new solenoid that I was unsure of which post to hook to.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:15 AM   #53
mmiille
Getting Wild

Club Car

The old solenoid has red and yellow spade connectors. The yellow one is smaller than the red one so you can't mess up when reinstalling them. The new solenoid doesn't have this option. Which one is positive? Red or yellow?
Old 08-24-2019, 11:45 AM   #54
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Does the reverse buzzer come on when the reverse switch is selected but the cart goes forward? If yes then swap f1 and f2 on the motor or controller. As for the yellow and red wires, I haven’t seen those colors on the diagrams I looked at but on that solenoid usually the larger lug is on the right and would be +. If the solenoid isn’t marked it shouldn’t matter.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 12:39 PM   #55
mmiille
Getting Wild

Club Car

You are right. The directions I got said put the blue wire on J7 of the controller, but the orange wire is F1 on mine so I put it on J7 and Another drawing I have said F1 goes to J7 terminal. it worked! Thanks for the help. Scotty B. helped a lot. 59 emails later. And most of the parts. My $500 cart is now worth about $2000. But I spent $2200. I did need something to do anyway. Now I need help with my speedometer. It reads 10 mph when I'm going 20.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:23 PM   #56
mmiille
Getting Wild

Club Car

Went golfing with the cart and all the new parts. Goes faster and smoother than the stock parts. Still have the factory speedometer showing half as fast as I'm going, but I hope it's just a setting to adjust. Also on really steep hills it stalls out on slow speeds.any ideas?
Old 09-14-2021, 03:00 PM   #57
mmiille
Getting Wild

Club Car

So I have Admiral A2 motor and SW180 / 200 amp solenoid with an Alltrax XCT controller and my factory speedometer says 6 mph, but I'm really going 12 mph. Is there a setting I can change in my controller program to get the correct speed?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car