lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2019, 01:36 PM   #11
Khavemann
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: No gas flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Does the pulse hose from the crankcase to the pump dip down before it goes up to the pump? If it hangs down the hose will get oil in it and the oil settles in the dip. This prevents the air pulse from reaching the pump diaphragm, so it doesn’t pump properly. This can cause the filters to be sucked dry. Make sure the hose runs uphill the whole way from the engine to the pump.

Is the vent hose still attached to the top of the carb? The nipple on the carb just below the throttle stop screw is the fuel bowl vent. If the vent or the hose is clogged it will prevent the bowl from filling properly and cause stumbles and sputtering, and stalling. But Usually if this is an issue the filters will still be full.
The pulse hose is free of any dipping and the bowl vent is clear. While messing with this and that, I accidently let the fuel pump end of my pulse hose fall into a jar I was using to catch gas when messing with other lines. I noticed it doesn't have a steady pulsing airflow. It stops for several seconds at a time. Should be steady flow by design, correct? What would cause it to stop? No oil came out of hose when this happened.
Khavemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2019, 02:42 PM   #12
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The pulse should be steady. One In/out pulse per revolution of the crankshaft.
That may mean either the hose has some obstruction inside, or there is something blocking the pulse nipple on the engine.

Is the hose old? Is it fuel line hose or something else? It should be fuel line hose.
Remove it and make sure the end where it goes on the nipple is not cut inside?

I'd also try running a short section of stiff wire, maybe 2" long through the pulse nipple on the engine to make sure nothing is clogged in there. Perhaps some carbon buildup or piece of sealant is blocking the nipple.

How is your oil level? If overfilled it could block the opening of the nipple. I think it would have be be very obviously overfilled though.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:45 PM   #13
Khavemann
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
The pulse should be steady. One In/out pulse per revolution of the crankshaft.
That may mean either the hose has some obstruction inside, or there is something blocking the pulse nipple on the engine.

Is the hose old? Is it fuel line hose or something else? It should be fuel line hose.
Remove it and make sure the end where it goes on the nipple is not cut inside?

I'd also try running a short section of stiff wire, maybe 2" long through the pulse nipple on the engine to make sure nothing is clogged in there. Perhaps some carbon buildup or piece of sealant is blocking the nipple.

How is your oil level? If overfilled it could block the opening of the nipple. I think it would have be be very obviously overfilled though.
I'll check and try that. Thanks
Khavemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car