lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2018, 09:37 PM   #1
2 SLOW
Not Yet Wild

Default 2018 EZGO L6–brand new but hitting 25mph

My brand new L6 was recently delivered and it seemed fast from day 1. I downloaded a GPS app that was recommended on this forum and it was running at 25-26mph.

I took some pictures below to see if the dealer "adjusted" anything prior to delivery. After I found out the speed I did notice the cable to the carb had both the nuts backed out from the bracket (where the two red lines are and I tightened them up to secure the cable and haven't driven it since). Is that where the speed is coming from or has other adjustments been made in the pictures below?

https://

i.imgur.com/wt1hXtS

i.imgur.com/6AiD4pY

Thanks for your help! Sorry, it won't let me post links since I just joined today after getting the cart yesterday.
2 SLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2018, 09:55 PM   #2
2 SLOW
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2018 EZGO L6–brand new but hitting 25mph

So after some more poking around, when the gas is pressed all the way it looks like the throttle/governor by the carb is hitting the stop. I may back the 10mm bolts out some more to get it off the stop. But now I'm concerned I messed something up by tightening up the two original nuts that were in the red positions.
Old 08-24-2018, 06:43 AM   #3
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SLOW View Post
My brand new L6 was recently delivered and it seemed fast from day 1. I downloaded a GPS app that was recommended on this forum and it was running at 25-26mph.

I took some pictures below to see if the dealer "adjusted" anything prior to delivery. After I found out the speed I did notice the cable to the carb had both the nuts backed out from the bracket (where the two red lines are and I tightened them up to secure the cable and haven't driven it since). Is that where the speed is coming from or has other adjustments been made in the pictures below?

https://

i.imgur.com/wt1hXtS

i.imgur.com/6AiD4pY

Thanks for your help! Sorry, it won't let me post links since I just joined today after getting the cart yesterday.
On the tool bar in the reply box click on the paper clip to upload pictures from your pc... welcome aboard.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:30 AM   #4
2 SLOW
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
On the tool bar in the reply box click on the paper clip to upload pictures from your pc... welcome aboard.
Thanks, attached are two images to show what I think is the choke cable, and the governor in the rear (which isn't as centered as the few other images I've seen).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gc1.jpg (85.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0916.jpg (114.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-07-2019, 01:01 AM   #5
gascarttrouble11
Not Yet Wild

I'm having the same problem. Would like to slow the cart down, any help anyone? What cable do we adjust or do you need to adjust the rod? Factory should be set at 18-19 mph right? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone
gascarttrouble11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:01 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

In the picture above on the right the one with two cables shows the shifter and governor adjustment. Small one is the governor. Adjust the cable in the mount to get more threads on the rubber tip spring side to slow it down. That bracket is different than what I have seen before so not sure how to do that but don’t spin the cable as it will mess it up.

Edit. Upon a closer look, I think it is the same bracket as before but painted. Loosen the nut on the cable side making sure the cable doesn’t spin, let the cable slide through the bracket then spin the nut on the rubber tip side too tighten it back up. Finger tight is good enough for testing.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:22 AM   #7
gascarttrouble11
Not Yet Wild

Thanks kgsc. I’m trying this now and it slowed me down about 1- 2mph but now I have to push down the pedal 3/4 of the way to get the cart going. Any other adjustments anyone knows of to slow speed down but also have good pedal response? The cart should start when pressed about an inch right? Seems like multiple adjustments will be needed to straighten this problem out. Anyone else have more info on this? Thanks everyone
gascarttrouble11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:55 AM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well then we adjusted something incorrectly. Can you take a picture showing your governor assembly? If the cart is locked in neutral and key off the throttle should move just after the click of the pedal movement.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO