lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2019, 08:03 PM   #1
Hullman8
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default 1972 Harley 3-wheel Gasser - Throttle cable attachment to gas pedal

Hi, I got an old 3-wheel gasser from my dad and it appears the throttle cable mechanism that connects to the gas pedal either missing or not working properly. I believe this is a 1972 model D based on the serial number. Having no pictures to go by or videos on how it works, I'm wondering if anybody can tell me or show me how the gas pedal operates the throttle cable. I saw in another thread that this has a reverse throttle, meaning since it is disconnected from my gas pedal it would be wide open. This all makes sense, I just can't figure out how the gas pedal releases tension on the cable. Picture of the serial number tag is attached with some admittedly low quality pictures of the throttle cable missing a nut near the gas pedal. It was night when I took the pics so if they are too bad, then I can try to get some others in daylight. This is a great forum with lots of good information, so apologies if I missed this in a previous thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191022_204530398.jpg (204.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20191022_204615078.jpg (206.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20191022_204641975.jpg (189.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20191022_204717710.jpg (203.1 KB, 0 views)
Hullman8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson