lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2019, 08:35 AM   #1
Khavemann
Not Yet Wild

Default No gas flow

I have a 98 club car ds. My initial problem was that I wasn't getting gas flow to the carb. In the last two weeks I have replaced the fuel pump, carburetor, fuel lines, filters, adjusted the lifters, replaced the spark plug, cleared the vent line, checked the pick up tube, and I still have the same problem. The filters and bowl will fill with gas if you just let it sit for a couple hours. It will then run smooth and strong until the filters run dry, then it has to sit again. The fuel pump will fill a pint jar in about 20 seconds. I don't have a way to check actual pressure but that seems good. What am I missing? Thanks for any help.
Khavemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2019, 08:54 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: No gas flow

If you can fill a pint mason jar in 20 seconds, fuel flow is fine. I would check to make sure the carb inlet is not restricted, and the carb vent is clear. Did you get an OEM carb or a chinese cheapie?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:59 AM   #3
Khavemann
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
If you can fill a pint mason jar in 20 seconds, fuel flow is fine. I would check to make sure the carb inlet is not restricted, and the carb vent is clear. Did you get an OEM carb or a chinese cheapie?
I got the cheap Chinese carb, however, I have the same issue after cleaning and reinstalling the oem carb. In both cases I can easily blow air through the inlets when the floats are down.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:04 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Remove the bowl and turn the carb upside down. How does the float sit? it should be level with the carb flange. and the needle should move freely in its little home

Can you verify the carb is actually filling with gas?
Old 06-12-2019, 04:52 PM   #5
Khavemann
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Remove the bowl and turn the carb upside down. How does the float sit? it should be level with the carb flange. and the needle should move freely in its little home

Can you verify the carb is actually filling with gas?
Was just able to check it. The float looks and works as it should and the needle is free. The carb does have gas but once it runs the filter and lines dry.... Nothing. Then it has to sit until the lines syphin gas back to the carb. I'm at a total loss here. The system seems so simple, yet I'm ready to take it to a shop.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:19 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

You've got to have a leak somewhere causing it to lose prime. Loose connection at a fuel kine, crack in fuel filter, plugged up vent on the carb or something. If it pumps enough to fill a jar the ouko and pulse line are working. You need to focus downstream of the fuel pump.

Can you blow into the fuel inlet of the csrb when it is upright? Still.could be float level adjusted incorrectly. Does the carb have a screen on or inside the fuel inlet? I've seen some that do, get gunked up with crud from old fuel lines, and then restrict fuel flow going into the carb
Old 06-12-2019, 06:59 PM   #7
Khavemann
Not Yet Wild

Well... Now that I have people willing and knowledgeable enough to steer me in the right direction... The **** thing is working. I can see fuel flowing into the lower filter and it's maintaining its level over several minutes at full pedal. All I did was unhook hose from carb and put my finger over the end to let it build pressure, then release it into a jar. Did this several times and hooked it back up. Not sure what that would correct if anything. Thanks for the input. Hopefully it's not a problem in the future.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:57 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Maybe after replacing everything it just needed a little help priming the fuel pump. Or maybe there was something funky that you accidentally fixed when you took the carb back off again.

Either way, as long as it's working, dont overthink it. Just run with it until.something else breaks
Old 06-13-2019, 07:51 PM   #9
Khavemann
Not Yet Wild

Aaaand..... Still broken.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:26 PM   #10
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Does the pulse hose from the crankcase to the pump dip down before it goes up to the pump? If it hangs down the hose will get oil in it and the oil settles in the dip. This prevents the air pulse from reaching the pump diaphragm, so it doesn’t pump properly. This can cause the filters to be sucked dry. Make sure the hose runs uphill the whole way from the engine to the pump.

Is the vent hose still attached to the top of the carb? The nipple on the carb just below the throttle stop screw is the fuel bowl vent. If the vent or the hose is clogged it will prevent the bowl from filling properly and cause stumbles and sputtering, and stalling. But Usually if this is an issue the filters will still be full.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car