lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
sr123
Not Yet Wild

Default need a 1983 gas service manual 244cc Robins

does anyone have a PDF service manual for a 1983 gas robins engine 244cc,not getting gas to the engine,fuel pump is pumping just not getting it to the engine.I took the plug out and put some gas in the cylinder and it runs so i want to rebuild the carb and set all the cables and carb properly,also want to put new points in it and need the gap for that also so a service manual would sure come in handy for all the settings.thanks Scotty sr123
sr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: need a 1983 gas service manual 244cc Robins

Hi sr123, welcome here.

The rebuild manual can be found in the EZGo Gas Tech forum here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/manua...ND_REBUILD.pdf

Regarding the other items, there are lots of people on here who can lend a hand.

However, "no gas" can be one of a number of things including a bad vacuum line, dirty carb, a broken fuel pump, or needing NEW CRANK SEALS! As you're ready to tackle each, let us know and we'll share our experiences (i.e.:*&%$#@&* flywheel!).
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Ok just a quick point to get you on your way. If you have a 1983 EZGO then you do not have points. If you have seen points then you do not have a 1983 EZGO. Let us know which statement is true and we can start to get you fixed.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
sr123
Not Yet Wild

Hey thanks Scooter but still looking for a service manual PDF.Also took a compression test and its 120psi also fuel pump is working.To check the seals i've heard spraying starter fluid on the seal and see if it'll fire,do you know if thats correct.Thanks Scotty sr123
Old 06-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #5
sr123
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
Ok just a quick point to get you on your way. If you have a 1983 EZGO then you do not have points. If you have seen points then you do not have a 1983 EZGO. Let us know which statement is true and we can start to get you fixed.

Dave
O thanks Dave i just thought there was points,i guess i'll stop looking for the gap of the points that i don't have,Now you can see why i need a service manual,setting the carb after rebuilding and properly setting up the cables.Thanks again for setting me strait on the points Scotty
Old 06-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #6
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Scotty,

Seems to me there are manuals out there in .pdf form as I did look at one once on a different website where someone scanned it. I'd try googling that, as I don't believe there is one hosted on this site. You could always try your local EZGo parts dealer (you'll need to start developing a relationship anyways), and he may possibly have one you could borrow.

The WD-40 test is usually done with a cart that is running poorly, not one that is not firing at all as the change in revs indicated a bad crank seal.

There's a few different areas in the fuel system where we could start looking like the pump, carb, and vacuum hose. All of these are very simple systems on a 2-stoke and I'm a fan of going methodically through each one of them. Even if they didn't cause the problem, a good inspection is always time well spent.

FYI, BrewCityMusic has posted a break apart diagram of a carb a few times in the last few weeks - maybe he'll be kind enough to post it here again. You could also look through a few of the more recent topics, as there is a lot of fuel system chatter in there.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
sharse36
Gone Wild

Club Car

This might help. In the search this forum type 1987 ez go service manual. Look for the one from skipdog 20 on 4-2-2011. This will be a pdf service manual from 1970 -1990 ezgo golf carts.
sharse36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:47 PM   #8
sr123
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharse36 View Post
This might help. In the search this forum type 1987 ez go service manual. Look for the one from skipdog 20 on 4-2-2011. This will be a pdf service manual from 1970 -1990 ezgo golf carts.
shares 36 Thanks loads the service manual for 1970 to 1990 will work just fine,I went through it and it gives me the setting for the cable i needed and i'm sure the carb setting will also be in it thanks again Scotty sr123
Old 06-24-2011, 07:21 AM   #9
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

sr, look in the "gas tech" section at the top of this foruum. go to one with the stars and find the link to bennett. they have most manuals.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #10
sr123
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc1 View Post
sr, look in the "gas tech" section at the top of this foruum. go to one with the stars and find the link to bennett. they have most manuals.
Thanks Madoc1 I'll try that one,I also had a tip from another member who got me a manual for a 87 and it gives me the info for setting up the cables.Thanks Scotty sr123
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO