lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
CATFISHJR241
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default just got my first g1 cart for $30 bucks hope i can fix the no spark issue

i just got a g1 cart seems to be in ok condition has a few things missing on the engine some connector rods and hoses on carb . but my main problem is i cannot get the thing to spark at the plug i tested the coil and it is good ,there is a ornge wire going to the coil and with a test light i get at first a good pulse and after about 2 to 3 seconds of the engine spinning the pulses get weaker and then die out . could this be the cdi unit ? or the stop switch at the petal never worked with one of thease engines so i guess i am kinda blind at what to do . or where to start it is too late to get any pictures tonight but i will try to post some in the morning. i figure i didn't loose too much by paying $30 bucks for the cart the engine has to be worth that lol . any suggestions will not be ignored
CATFISHJR241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Default Re: just got my first g1 cart for $30 bucks hope i can fix the no spark issue

Good deal for $30. And welcome, I use to live in Bunn.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
CATFISHJR241
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: just got my first g1 cart for $30 bucks hope i can fix the no spark issue

ty it does need some work but i figure i need some more projects to keep me busy
Old 01-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
ewbldavis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Cool deal. FYI - my FREE G1 has cost me over $700 (so far...)! It will be a nice cart when finished.
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
CATFISHJR241
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

yes i hope to do the same i want to make it into a grizzly ride for the 5.5 acres we have
Old 01-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #6
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

You do know there are trails all over near you right. I have friends that live in Foxhall on 401 and we can ride all day and not hit the same trail.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
CATFISHJR241
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

yes i am close to about 10 of them right on the powerlines got to get this g1 running first dont think i want to go on them with my ford 8n
Old 01-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #8
gray horse
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Welcome and congrats on the cart.
gray horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:00 AM   #9
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATFISHJR241 View Post
yes i am close to about 10 of them right on the powerlines got to get this g1 running first dont think i want to go on them with my ford 8n
Good deal on the cart, and no I wouldn't go trail bustin with an 8n either!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #10
CATFISHJR241
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

cannot get my pictures to upload

Last edited by CATFISHJR241; 01-21-2013 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: CANT UPLOAD PIC
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha