lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2022, 06:56 AM   #1
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default DIY Lithium

If you were going to DIY and build a lithium pack using automotive cells, what would you use? And why? I know Nissan Leaf cells have been popular for many years followed by Chevy Volt but what is the latest and greatest for simplicity?
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2022, 07:12 AM   #2
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DIY Lithium

I have been looking at these units. Capacity isn't huge but you could use a few of them to get the capacity you need. Amp output capabilities are huge! So if you can find some BMS that will match it could be a good option. Shipping on these are crazy expensive but if you lived close they seem like a decent price.

https://batteryhookup.com/products/4...3c0e89d7&_ss=r
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:13 AM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DIY Lithium

I have Chevy Volt cells now but if I were doing it today there'd be a lot more options to pick from. I have some cells from a Fiat 500e (same cells BMW uses) that I used for my kids powerwheels car.

You need to think about what voltages you want to run. My stock EZGO controller on my TXT48 ran fine on 58v for the 3 months or so before I changed to Alltrax. It still worked at that time and I still have it as a backup. But if your cart is 48v then you know when it gets down to 48.0V it feels really sluggish. Those packs have promise and they go from 54.6 at 100% (don't charge to 100%) down to 36.4v (which is also far too low for a 13S pack so don't go that low). Even with the dramatic loss of weight, when your cart gets down to 40-V it's going to feel really sluggish. The other side is at 50+V it'll feel really peppy.

The Fiat cells I have are 64ah so if I were to make a pack of those in 2P that'd be 128ah which would be fantastic in a golf cart.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!