lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2020, 07:25 PM   #1
zsmith85
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart goes forward in reverse @ reverse speed and vice versa.

2014 ezgo txt 48 volt with Curtis controller. Cart stopped after 17 holes of golf, but went from full power to shutoff. After cutoff it jumped a few times but did not move more than 2 feet each time. Had a suspect battery connection with a screw in one terminal. Replaced battery. Nothing. No solenoid click. Read several threads on here. Got the solenoid to engage by jumping negative to ground side of solenoid. Still no go. Stripped out solenoid taking rusted nuts on and off. Replace solenoid. Same outcome. Put jumper wire on to engage solenoid and cart runs - except moves forward in reverse at reverse speed and reverse in forward at forward speed. I take it that I must of swapped up wires somewhere? Only wires were solenoid and I took controller cover off and checked connections. Maybe swapped something up there? Not much to check so I will try swapping them tomorrow. Any help appreciated. Need to figure out why ground is not going to solenoid from that circuit as well. Thanks. -Zack
zsmith85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2020, 04:32 PM   #2
zsmith85
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart goes forward in reverse @ reverse speed and vice versa.

Fixed the forward and reverse issue. Must have accidentally swapped the S1 S2 positive and negative coming out of controller the other day. Still have negative ground jumped directly to the solenoid. Everything works good with it in place. Tried using voltmeter on the orange wire coming from the charging port but it appeared to be working properly — but honestly not 100% sure. Key works, petal works, f/r switch works, solenoid works. Just no ground when I hit the petal.
zsmith85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 05:24 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart goes forward in reverse @ reverse speed and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsmith85 View Post
Fixed the forward and reverse issue. Must have accidentally swapped the S1 S2 positive and negative coming out of controller the other day. Still have negative ground jumped directly to the solenoid. Everything works good with it in place. Tried using voltmeter on the orange wire coming from the charging port but it appeared to be working properly — but honestly not 100% sure. Key works, petal works, f/r switch works, solenoid works. Just no ground when I hit the petal.
Pedal has two functions:
1. Pedal switch puts battery pack voltage on controller's pin-6, telling the controller to connect B- to pin-12, which connects to the solenoid coil via the blue wire.

2. Inserts a iron rod into the ITS sensor and changes the throttle signal to the controller.

Check voltage on Pin-6. Ought to be pack voltage when pedal is pushed.
If there isn't, the pedal switch is bad.
If there is, the controller is bad.

If the controller is bad, replace it with an Alltrax XCT48400-TXT48 and the cart will do about 24MPH on stock height tires, but an XCT is user programmable, so it can be turned down to the desired max speed.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO