lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2017, 04:35 PM   #1
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default help me understand something

when you order a controller so many post say that you hook it up to a laptop to get it set up. I think Scotty sets them up for the needs of your cart, And thats great.
What about when you start out with a build and say you plan on changing the motor, cables, solenoid, batteries ect. Do you have to send the controller back to Scotty or who ever to get it set up for the changes?
Or can anybody with a laptop change the settings
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2017, 04:51 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: help me understand something

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim,s View Post
when you order a controller so many post say that you hook it up to a laptop to get it set up. I think Scotty sets them up for the needs of your cart, And thats great.
What about when you start out with a build and say you plan on changing the motor, cables, solenoid, batteries ect. Do you have to send the controller back to Scotty or who ever to get it set up for the changes?
Or can anybody with a laptop change the settings
You can change things yourself, but Scotty sends them already set to maximum performance. Install it and roll on.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:02 PM   #3
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

It’s really simple to adjust. Scotty does send it plug and play but you may want to tweak it for your personal tastes, like throttle rates and regen settings. But the Alltrax toolkit is practically idiot proof. Also if you have a stock motor and it’s a Sepex cart Alltrax has a better field map you can load to get a little bit more power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:02 PM   #4
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Depends on the brand of controller as well as the end user and what they are both willing and/or capable of doing...

I built my cart on a 500 amp Curtis, it can only be programmed with a Curtis programmer thus is was set up for me by FSIP after I answered a lot of questions. The Alltrax controllers are for lack of a better term open to user adjustments as long as they have a laptop with the right ports and specific program to allow user interface...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:07 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't have a Windows laptop to use with my Alltrax, so I bought a 30 ft. USB printer cable, about $7.00 on Amazon, and can do all of the setups with my PC.

There is a downside of course;

I can't do the "check while driving operation" if I go more than 30 feet!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:22 PM   #6
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Put your standby generator in the bagwell, your desktop on the floor and dash and you are now mobile!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:30 PM   #7
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Put your standby generator in the bagwell, your desktop on the floor and dash and you are now mobile!
Why didn't I think of that?
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:32 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

They can be setup before they ship, and they can be changed once you received them if you so desire. Any reputable seller would sell these controllers pre-programmed and ready for installation. If you choose to make further adjustments in the future, the Alltrax toolkit is available as a free download on the Alltrax website.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car