lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2017, 09:10 PM   #1
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Default Anyone have any experience with Duracell 8 volt batteries from Batteries Plus?

My 2010 Precedent is going to need new batteries soon so I've started looking to get prices. I found Batteries Plus has 8 volt Duracell batteries for $129.99 when you order online and pick up in store, plus an extra 10% off with the coupon code. From what I've found so far they are made by East Penn/ Deka batteries. I know Trojan batteries are supposed to be the best but at $150 each that's an extra $180 for 6 batteries. I've read that Crown batteries are supposed to be a quality battery comparable to the trojan but not as expensive. I've got a call into a local dealer inquiring about a price on a set of US Batteries but I have not heard beck yet. Anyone ever used the duracell batteries?
beachcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2017, 09:12 PM   #2
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Anyone have any experience with Duracell 8 volt batteries from Batteries Plus?

Get the Crown CR190's.
I paid in the same ballpark as the Duracell's and Crowns are a proven force in Golf Cars.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:13 PM   #3
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Default Re: Anyone have any experience with Duracell 8 volt batteries from Batteries Plus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
Get the Crown CR190's.
I paid in the same ballpark as the Duracell's and Crowns are a proven force in Golf Cars.

Problem is I can't find a crown battery dealee near me.
beachcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:41 PM   #4
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcarter View Post
Problem is I can't find a crown battery dealee near me.
I feel your pain and I'm in Houston. I talked to the only Crown distributor here and they treated me like a stepchild....
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:02 PM   #5
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Buddy of mine bought the Duracells. He only uses his cart for around the neighborhood stuff. His have been doing okay but knowing him i doubt they will last.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:09 AM   #6
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

I had both Duracell and Energizer 8 volt GC batteries. Average life span I got out of a set is 2 1/2 years. Great if your selling the cart but for a keeper I would look for Trojan or Crown .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:21 AM   #7
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bought my first used cart last year with Duracell GC8's that have a 75amp rating of 121 minutes. Battery's born on dates range from June 2013 to Nov 2014. This past weekend took a 4.5 mile ride with a buddy on my hunting property up & down hills and some flats and was very pleased. BTW, myself and my buddy add around 600 pounds. We were chasing wild turkey's so not running WOT. It will be a hard decision when time to replace.
Hunter450 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:46 PM   #8
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: Anyone have any experience with Duracell 8 volt batteries from Batteries Plus?

What warrantee are they offering on the the Duracell batteries?
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #9
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have the duracells from Sams club in my 03 DS installed in 2013, ran them almost every day for a year then bought a new cart to be my daily driver. The 03 became my daughters cart and was run roughly 3 to 4 times a week for about 2 miles or so each time. The neighbors are using the cart now and are driving it daily back and forth to the golf course and playing golf. The batteries are still holding up enough to get 27 holes no problem. In my opinion for the money the duracells are a good battery if taken care of regurlaly, I service these once a month every month add water and charge after every use no matter how small the use. I would buy them again.

They had a one year warranty from Sam's
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:17 PM   #10
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

They are Deka batteries
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car