lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs
Drivers Clubs Club Car/Ezgo/Yamaha/etc.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2022, 08:43 PM   #1
Boblay
Not Yet Wild

Default Eco Battery 105Ah 48V Lithium Golf Cart

What’s the current price of Eco Battery 105Ah 48V Lithium Golf Cart? Any help will be appreciated

I’m looking forward to put one

Thanks
Boblay is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2022, 09:01 PM   #2
jsmith811
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Eco Battery 105Ah 48V Lithium Golf Cart

As of 7-25-22 you will spend about 2.5K on this type of setup. The price will drop drastically in the future, so the date will mean something to future readers of this post…. LOL….
jsmith811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 01:08 AM   #3
westcoaster
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith811 View Post
As of 7-25-22 you will spend about 2.5K on this type of setup. The price will drop drastically in the future, so the date will mean something to future readers of this post…. LOL….
Price will drop?
westcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 08:01 PM   #4
Boblay
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

Smile, you’re right and thanks for the Tips
Boblay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 10:37 AM   #5
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

If cost is a factor I'd suggest doing some searching on youtube for videos on DIY lifepo4.... Theres a lot of money that can be saved if your on a budget and assemble the battery pak yourself... I am building a 36v 200ah lifepo4 pack myself for a cart and it cost me less that $450 without the charger. (thats if the cells actually show up in the mail) I did this in the spring to replace the battery pack for the solar battery bank in my pop up camper and was so impressed with the benefits of the lithium I spent hours on you tube watching videos on the subject.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 04:40 PM   #6
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I read an article recently that said that with all the current lithium mines operating, plus all the ones that are “scheduled” to come on line between now and 2030, there will still be a 50% lithium shortfall in 2030 if we are to meet all the worldwide government mandates for transitioning to EV’s.

Economics 101, supply and demand……I don’t think lithium batteries are getting cheaper any time soon.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 04:51 PM   #7
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
I read an article recently that said that with all the current lithium mines operating, plus all the ones that are “scheduled” to come on line between now and 2030, there will still be a 50% lithium shortfall in 2030 if we are to meet all the worldwide government mandates for transitioning to EV’s.

Economics 101, supply and demand……I don’t think lithium batteries are getting cheaper any time soon.

Cheers
Pat.
That is if the lithium battery chemistry doesnt evolve further like it has been..
Old 10-18-2022, 05:00 PM   #8
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
That is if the lithium battery chemistry doesnt evolve further like it has been..
Bingo or the solid state batteries start to some out....
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 08:35 PM   #9
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sorry guys, the periodic table of elements is already known and Lithium is its golden child when it comes to battery technology. Both of your scenarios still require Lithium! Solid state batteries simply replace the liquid or GEL electrolyte with a solid compound. Lithium ions still transverse from one electrode to the other.

I used to be able to purchase Lithium Spa sanitiser for my heated spa. It is no longer available, being replaced about 3 years ago with inferior substitutes because all the lithium that is being mined is being used in battery technology. I guess battery manufacturers are willing to pay more for lithium than spa and pool chemical manufacturers.

Interesting discussion though!

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 08:19 AM   #10
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Sorry guys, the periodic table of elements is already known and Lithium is its golden child when it comes to battery technology. Both of your scenarios still require Lithium! Solid state batteries simply replace the liquid or GEL electrolyte with a solid compound. Lithium ions still transverse from one electrode to the other.

I used to be able to purchase Lithium Spa sanitiser for my heated spa. It is no longer available, being replaced about 3 years ago with inferior substitutes because all the lithium that is being mined is being used in battery technology. I guess battery manufacturers are willing to pay more for lithium than spa and pool chemical manufacturers.

Interesting discussion though!

Cheers
Pat.
The thing is, there has been consistent discoveries and innovation in battery tech regardless of the periodic table being around for far longer. And they have come up with more efficient ways to utilize the lithium involved...No offense meant here but personally I think it would be a bit nieve to assume battery technology will never evolve beyond where it is now... I remember when I had to deal with the limitations of Nicad batteries in my remote controlled car as a kid... a lot has changed in the last 20-30 years. Just look at the efficiency of the electric golf carts back then compared to today.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs