lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
ramjet
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Club slam

Hey guys, so I've been wanting to slam my club car for some time now and have finally decided to do it. I've got a 2001 DS 48v to start with and a whole lot of wants after looking over every ones projects on here. So thanks for the inspiration and wish me luck

Mods List

14 " wheels with low profile tires(hopefully chrome and tucked)
Lowered.
Cut down steering column.
Custom Paint. (candy red with flames)
New seat Covers

What else do you all suggest??????????
Has anyone done air ride on a CC??????

Keep in mind this is going to stay on the golf course. so I need the roof and bag straps. Any ideas or advice is much appreciated.
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
ramjet
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club slam

This is what im working with. Ive had it for about three years now. I guess the original owner passed away and they just left it in this garage. Some guy bought the house and wanted to get rid of the cart. So I picked it up for $900.00

Its super clean.

I pull it with my Lowered Dakota R/T so Im thinking I want to stick to the same style as my truck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2001 club car.jpg (137.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08669.jpg (62.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08670.jpg (61.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08668.jpg (60.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-17-2013, 03:51 AM   #3
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Not hard at all to drop a Club Car. I've done several. Just flip the front leaf spring upside down and build taller shock mounts. On the back $35 autozone block lift/drop kit and it includes new u bolts. We took plenty of pics so if you need advice let me know.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

I just finished slamming a CC. Pretty straight forward stuff. Here is a link to the thread. Good luck and keep the pics abundant.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/road-...under-way.html
R8cer Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
ramjet
Getting Wild
Club Car

thanks for the reply Extreme and RCr Ive followed both you post threw your builds and that's whats inspired me to do it. Your carts are awesome by the way. How do they ride once lowered? Whats the chances of fitting 14" wheels and tires under it once its lowered?
Old 05-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet View Post
thanks for the reply Extreme and RCr Ive followed both you post threw your builds and that's whats inspired me to do it. Your carts are awesome by the way. How do they ride once lowered? Whats the chances of fitting 14" wheels and tires under it once its lowered?
Awesome!

Mine rides real well as I didn't take away any of the travel. I just extended the suspension upwards i.e. fabbed shock extensions etc. As for the 14's it's going to be hard to **** near impossible unless you plan on modifying some things like narrowing the rear axle to accomodate the size. The front would be easier but still modification will be needed.

Good luck! Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
ramjet
Getting Wild
Club Car

Alright. Ive got the day off so here we go. Stock height to the from ground to the bottom of the front bumper bracket looks like its about 10 3/4". Time to slam this baby.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg non lowered high.jpg (102.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #8
ramjet
Getting Wild
Club Car

R8cr, What about 12's would they fit?
Old 05-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #9
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet View Post
R8cr, What about 12's would they fit?
Not sure. Since you have the day off, get to your desired "slam" level then you can measure the area where the tire will go.

I am getting all giddy about this build.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #10
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Mine rode the same as stock. You aren't changing the spring rate just how they are attached. 12's might be really tight but if you can get a low profile enough tire should be ok. 10's would be easier.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!