lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
gpetruska77
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default new cart died help

Hey all, i bought a electric club car for $200 thought i was in good shape it ran drove all that good stuff. I was going and it just died. ( the cart has 5 little round coils. i can hear them all click when i step on gas but no go.) oh ya and the other thing im in competition with my neighbor he has a lifted big tire black diamond plate ezgo that runs 27 mph. I have to beat him. Where do i start?
gpetruska77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2009, 08:00 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: new cart died help

You will never, never run 27 mph in a 5 solenoid 36v Club Car.
Nothing short of changing the the voltage, the motor, the tires, & the speed control system will get you near that speed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpetruska77 View Post
Hey all, i bought a electric club car for $200 thought i was in good shape it ran drove all that good stuff. I was going and it just died. ( the cart has 5 little round coils. i can hear them all click when i step on gas but no go.) oh ya and the other thing im in competition with my neighbor he has a lifted big tire black diamond plate ezgo that runs 27 mph. I have to beat him. Where do i start?
umm start by getting it going again

take a voltmeter and see if the first solenoid on the drivers side, the main solenoid, is passing the voltage thru on to the rest of the syystem. These solenoids go bad quite often, so theres a place to start
oxfordlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:04 AM   #4
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You will never, never run 27 mph in a 5 solenoid 36v Club Car.
Nothing short of changing the the voltage, the motor, the tires, & the speed control system will get you near that speed.

I was thinking a couple extra batteries and a FIRE EXTINGUISHER. He will beat his neighbor--once--maybe--before a total meltdown
Old 05-18-2009, 08:11 AM   #5
gpetruska77
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I also have a 1983 750 honda but dont know what parts to use to convert to gas engine. before i crashed it. it had dyno of 134 hp.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:13 AM   #6
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

tell ya what, let me ease your pain, I will come and tow both away for ya out of the goodness of my heart
Old 05-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #7
gpetruska77
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Just so ya know it was not my driving that crashed the cycle. it was the car door right in front of me when i was going 30.
Old 05-18-2009, 08:27 AM   #8
oxfordlawn
just hangin' around

Club Car

Back on topic...like ScottyB said earlier....its very expensive to upgrade that type cart. A 36V cart has 36V solenoids, so all those have to be replaced if you up the voltage, or go to a controller system. If you up the voltage, you need to buy a new charger also. To get results to beat your friend, you will be spending in the area of $1000++ or so on batteries, a new controller, a new throttle sensor(pb-6), motor upgrade and then you have to wire it all up with heavier gauge wiring. I personally like this type of work, but the costs add up, so think it over for a while and price out the stuff before you jump in.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #9
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

lets start by getting it running....jack the rear up and get a 6 gage jumper wire and jump the 2 large post on the furthest left solenoid the one without the resistor coil mounted to it........than turn key on put in gear and slowly hit pedal....1st click nothing will happen 2nd click wheels should start spinning and spin faster as each solenoid kicks in, if that happens chances are your master solenoid is bad........if nothing happens start tracing the smaller wires from it back to the pot box and look for a bad wire or micro switch but don,t be surprised if the master solenoid went bad thats very common............................................ ......
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car