lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2014, 10:43 PM   #1
willy d
Getting Wild

Default 06 precedent..fully charged batteries test and load test good but not working right

06 precedent..batteries r fully charged but it starts to go fast then right away go to slow speed the battery light comes on..cart came without a charger..so I got a ds charger..is that the problem..does the charger have to tell the computer that its charged?
willy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2014, 10:53 PM   #2
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 06 precedent..fully charged batteries test and load test good but not working rig

I may be wayyy off because I'm really just familiar with my 94 DS, but it may be a bad speed sensor, and that your cart may be going into limp mode. You can test it by putting the cart in the run position and pushing it a couple yards. After a little while it will attempt to slow the cart down and most likely beep a few times. If this doesn't happen your speed sensor is bad.
Sumner121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:10 AM   #3
Grinds6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 06 precedent..fully charged batteries test and load test good but not working rig

Sumner is right on. Same thing happened to my 04 and turned out it was a speed sensor. On a flat surface push the cart backwards a few feet and then forward a few feet, if it doesn't start to beep at you then the speed sensor is bad.
Grinds6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:38 AM   #4
willy d
Getting Wild

ok so wld that make the yellow battery light come on also when its fully charged...54.8volt through all the batteries?
Old 05-28-2014, 10:44 PM   #5
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

The only other piece of advice I could give is make sure all connections are tight and clean. A corroded wire could be giving a bad connection causing the light to come on. Good luck.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:47 PM   #6
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

I'm pretty sure that light is connected to your OBC so definitely check there also. Could be two problems, but doubtful unless the cart just sat out through winter or something odd like that. Did you do the speed sensor test?
Old 05-30-2014, 04:09 PM   #7
willy d
Getting Wild

Thumbs up Re: 06 precedent..fully charged batteries test and load test good but not working rig

ok thanks ...speed sensor is ordered and I reset the obc ...seemed like it fixed the low battery light so far will keep u posted thanks for the help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car