lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Edmond2wallst
Not Yet Wild

Default Voltage reducer need help

I AM a beginner just to get that out there.

I have been doing upgrades to my club car ds series 2002.
I have the 48v pack

I have a Madjax voltage reducer hooked up to the pack positive and negative terminals so that I'm accessing entire pack, I have a key switched hooked to the positive lead terminal for the pack and can here the converter kick on and off when I flip switch.

I have 2 wires then from voltage converter 12v + constant, and 12v + switched, neither do anything or provide a read to my voltage reader

Can someone help me here and tell me what I'm doing wrong or what correct steps are, visual wiring diagram would be much appreciated

Also how to connect the cd player I have would be next
Edmond2wallst is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Voltage reducer need help

Can you post the instructions that came with the reducer?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
Edmond2wallst
Not Yet Wild

http://www.mymadjax.com/core/media/m...b5963&_xt=.pdf
Old 06-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #4
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond2wallst View Post
I AM a beginner just to get that out there.

I have been doing upgrades to my club car ds series 2002.
I have the 48v pack

I have a Madjax voltage reducer hooked up to the pack positive and negative terminals so that I'm accessing entire pack, I have a key switched hooked to the positive lead terminal for the pack and can here the converter kick on and off when I flip switch.

I have 2 wires then from voltage converter 12v + constant, and 12v + switched, neither do anything or provide a read to my voltage reader

Can someone help me here and tell me what I'm doing wrong or what correct steps are, visual wiring diagram would be much appreciated

Also how to connect the cd player I have would be next
Just a thought...you are checking the reading with the key on, right?
lance_214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
Edmond2wallst
Not Yet Wild

Yes key on and off all combinations.

Maybe it's a dumb question, but since there is only 1 positive wire that comes from converter how do I check voltage output correctly ? Just in case I'm not doing this right
Old 06-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Ok here goes:
Yellow goes to main positive of pack
Black goes to main negative of pack
Green goes to switched side of key switch (find the lug that has 48v when on and 0v when off)
Blue is constant output (for a radio to maintain presets)
Red is switched output (for lights, or whatever else that doesn't need constant power)

This reducer is unique in the fact that is has both constant and switched 12v outputs- kinda cool i think!
As for grounds for your accessories, I would get a negative buss to run all grounds to, then you will have a main wire to the buss from the main negative.
Have fun
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #7
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond2wallst View Post
Yes key on and off all combinations.

Maybe it's a dumb question, but since there is only 1 positive wire that comes from converter how do I check voltage output correctly ? Just in case I'm not doing this right
Once you get it wired, make sure the key is on and touch red wire of meter to red or blue wires from reducer. For the black probe (-), touch it to the main negative battery terminal on the pack. You should get 12v from each of the wires...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #8
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Ok here goes:
Yellow goes to main positive of pack
Black goes to main negative of pack
Green goes to switched side of key switch (find the lug that has 48v when on and 0v when off)
Blue is constant output (for a radio to maintain presets)
Red is switched output (for lights, or whatever else that doesn't need constant power)

This reducer is unique in the fact that is has both constant and switched 12v outputs- kinda cool i think!
As for grounds for your accessories, I would get a negative buss to run all grounds to, then you will have a main wire to the buss from the main negative.
Have fun
Sorry Edmond..just got back on here... do like Jake said and try it. It is kinda cool that you have a constant and a switched + wire...but I'll stick with my extra battery...good thing about the extra battery like my wife said, if I ever have to get a mobility scooter we have a back up battery
lance_214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:42 PM   #9
Edmond2wallst
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the help got it up and running
Old 09-23-2016, 10:09 AM   #10
Joelwdryden
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, lance_214, so I'm intrigued by just running an extra 12 v battery instead of doing the reducer route. First off, i assume you got with a deep cycle battery. Secondly, are you just charging that battery manually, with a separate charger? I assume not done thru the main cart charger?
Joelwdryden is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cd player, converter, radio, reducer, voltage
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car