lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2011, 11:47 PM   #1
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 12v accessories installation help

I have a few questions about 12 volt accessories. I am using a fuse block and a grounding block to power several items. So my question is how do I run everything on switches? Do I run all the wires from the fuse block to the switch then from the switch to the accessory? Like for instance, I have led lights under my cart and need to hook them up to a rocker switch. So do I run a power wire from one fuse tithe switch and from the switch to the led box? Also with my mini 2 channel amp it has a remote wire, power and ground. How do I go about hooking tuis up since I do not have a radio? I just want it to come on when the key is turned on. Any help would be great!

My mini amp has 3 wires coming off the power source. One being a power, ground and remote. It came with a toggle switch. So do I run a wire from my fuse block to the positive on the switch and the positive from the amp to the same terminal on the switch. And the ground to the ground on the switch and from there to my grounding block. And the remote wire to the hot on the key switch? It's confusing with out using a head unit.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #2
jaytee50
JT!

Club Car

Default Re: 12v accessories installation help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
I have a few questions about 12 volt accessories. I am using a fuse block and a grounding block to power several items. So my question is how do I run everything on switches? Do I run all the wires from the fuse block to the switch then from the switch to the accessory? Like for instance, I have led lights under my cart and need to hook them up to a rocker switch. So do I run a power wire from one fuse tithe switch and from the switch to the led box? Also with my mini 2 channel amp it has a remote wire, power and ground. How do I go about hooking tuis up since I do not have a radio? I just want it to come on when the key is turned on. Any help would be great!

My mini amp has 3 wires coming off the power source. One being a power, ground and remote. It came with a toggle switch. So do I run a wire from my fuse block to the positive on the switch and the positive from the amp to the same terminal on the switch. And the ground to the ground on the switch and from there to my grounding block. And the remote wire to the hot on the key switch? It's confusing with out using a head unit.
as long as the load is low amperage you can put a switch directly between the lights and the fuse. higher amped items could benefit from a relay. the relay uses a lower voltage circuit for the switch, but electrically powers a larger switch, keeping the larger current out of the dash panel and possibly shortening longer wire runs.
jaytee50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:56 PM   #3
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay so do I run the ground off the amp straight to the toggle switch? Or can I just bypass the toggle, run my hot straight to the fuse block, my ground straight to the ground block and the remote to the key switch with a relay in between?
Old 08-03-2011, 12:03 AM   #4
jaytee50
JT!

Club Car

there may be a better way, but if you plan on running multiple accessories, i would run a nice 10ga wire (or thicker) to a common busbar. you could use a jumper block for this.

lets see what some of the pros suggest.
jaytee50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You talking from the battery to the bus? Or from the accessories to the block?
Old 08-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #6
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Anybody have a wiring diagram of a mini amp with out a head unit?
Old 08-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #7
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It should have a red, black, and Purple/Blue wire or like was said Positive, Negative, and remote.

Wire the Power Positive and the Negative direct to the 12 volt source with a big fuse.
The remote wire is just like the starter wire is to a solenoid. The remote wire would go to a switch then to the 12 volt positive that the amp is hooked up to. That's what turns it on. It would normally be connected to the stereo Remote/Power Ant lead. When the radio comes on it sends 12 volts to that wire to operate the ANT/ AMP.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #8
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay spawn so let me get this straight. I have a toggle switch that came with my amp kit. It has 2 connections on the back of it. I run the positive from the amp to the fuse block and from the fuse block to the 12v battery. Then I run the negative from the amp to the ground bus bar and from the ground bar to the 12 volt battery. Then the remote wire goes to the switch and from the switch to the same post on the fuse block as the amps power wire is on?
Old 08-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #9
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't know how big a amp it is so it may need some heavy gauge wire direct to the battery.

The remote wire can go to the buss bar, it doesn't need to be the same fuse as the amp. Just as long as the buss bar and amp are running from the same 12v source
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #10
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The amp is tiny. It doesn't need heavy gauge wire. But j figured out how I am going to do it now. Thanks for all your help spawn!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO