lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
dieselmd
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Stretch Plastics dash on a G-16

Does anyone have a picture of their G-16 with a Stretch Plastics dash on it? Did it fit up per the directions?

Thanks for the info
dieselmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Stretch Plastics dash on a G-16

I don't have one but they do have really nice dashes. Are you having a problem installing yours or is it not fitting properly?

spriddle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
dieselmd
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Its not fitting properly. The directions state it should fit under the rubber cowl behind the mounting bolts. The rubber cowl fits across the top edge of the front body section, and encases the machine screws for mounting.

I have loosened the steering column, and enlarged the hole on the dash that fits over the column to create additional play. To make it fit under the cowl, I will have to cut holes in the top of the new dash that line up with the machine screws mounted in the cowl in order to slide dash under the front body section.

But, one more issue, the outside radius on the new dash, where it turns to drop down the towards the floor are to wide to fit under the cowl by about an inch. There is not sufficient flex due to the radius to force the dash under the cowl.

It fits up nice if I place it along the exterior of the cowl, which is what I am now planning to do. I picked up chrome 10-32 machine screws, and will drill and tap the the metal flat bar incased in the cowl.

I dont have any good pictures right now that will make the above babble make sense, but will get some later this morning.

By the one picture I do have, the new dash is not straight.

Thanks Spriddle

P.S. I like the dash, and at this point have no option but to make it work as I really dont want to redo the paint job
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P2070248.jpg (124.8 KB, 83 views)
Old 02-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Nice pic. And, don't think you can return it now. Your paint is awesome!!! Maybe its just me, but I don't see how in the world you could install that 'under' the rubber molding on the cowl unless you just completely remove the rubber cowl and leave it off. Seems like there would be some of a gap. Looks like it would be made to fit over the rubber cowl. I was checking out the dashes at that place and they really have some nice ones. From what you posted on your install, sounds like you've got it worked out and should really look nice. I don't think I've bought anything I didn't have to mod, drill a hole, cut something, or ad something to it.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
dieselmd
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Your right, I dont think they would take it back.... Then again, I don't think I would start over with a new one, and pay for the paint again...

You can see by the pictures that the new dash sits nice on the exterior of the rubber cowl. So that's where it will go

I have noticed that the fit of about everything I have purchased sucks... I guess if it all fit nicely, anyone could do it.

The only items that have fit out of the box are the Jakes brush guard, and rear bumber.

Thanks again for your feedback.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P2130255.jpg (64.4 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg P2130256.jpg (63.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg P2130257.jpg (45.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg P2130258.jpg (37.5 KB, 42 views)
Old 02-15-2010, 08:04 AM   #6
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Your cart looks awesome!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #7
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Looking really good!!!!

Old 02-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #8
Newbylee
Gone Wild

Yamaha

WOW! love the trunk
sorry,can't help with the fitment issues,looks like with your talent it will turn out fine
Newbylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #9
dieselmd
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbylee View Post
WOW! love the trunk
sorry,can't help with the fitment issues,looks like with your talent it will turn out fine
Pictures hide alot of bad detail By the time I'm finished, I may have to airbrush my pictures before I can post them
Old 07-23-2010, 12:22 AM   #10
cbkc
Not Yet Wild

Do you have any pictures of the finished dash? I am having the same issue and am trying to figure out what to do. I think going over the rubber would be the way to go but I'm wondering where to drill through the dash...any tips would be greatly appreciated.
cbkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha