lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #1
crowley
Not Yet Wild

Question 81 DS Resistor Coils Speed Steps

I recently purchased a 81 Club Car DS resistor coil cart. I am have a good understanding of the role the pedal-activated micro switches activate each solenoid to select a "speed", but when I got it, it had one forward/reverse speed. My questions with this system are:

How many "speeds" should it have?

What solenoids should activate at each throttle position?

I assume the further you press the throttle, the fewer resistor coils carry the current, but should a full throttle acivate only the master solenoid and solenoid 4(I number them Master, 1, 2, 3, 4 - right to left) or should all the solenoids be activated at full throttle?

If there is a definitive thread on this subject, my search skills were unable to find it. A point in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
~crowley
crowley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
car, club, coil, resistor, speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car