lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
pahjo
Not Yet Wild

Default Street Legal - Louisiana

Hello,

I am new to the golf cart owner's community and I have a question regarding making my golf cart street legal. I read quite a few threads regarding street legal golf carts; however, the laws seem to differ from state to state and I hope someone can share with me their experience in legalizing their Golf Cart in Louisiana.

To make a long story short, I purchased a 2008 CC Precedent about 2 weeks ago and the cart came with many of the accessories needed to make it street legal - i.e. headlamps, front & rear turn signal lamps, tail lamps, stop lamps, exterior driver & passenger side mirror, horn, hazard lights, center interior mirror, windshield & seatbelt (front & back). It appears all I have left to add is the reflex reflectors, windshield wiper, speedometer & 17 digit VIN. The guy I bought it from is dropping off the MSO next week and I do have a Bill of Sale. My specific questions are as follows:

1.) Where is the best place to purchase reflex reflectors, manual windshield wiper and speed odometer? W

2.) Where do the reflex reflectors need to be placed on the cart?

3.) I read Louisiana requires an Odometer disclosure statement is needed. What is this and how do I obtain one?

4.) My cart doesn't have a VIN number. Will this be provided once the cart is street legal or do I need to have one before?

5.) How do I get the process started? Are there specific forms to fill-out before going to the DMV?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can answer my questions and maybe share their experience(s) with me.
pahjo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
louisiana, street legal
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car