lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
RMTGOLF
Not Yet Wild

Question Batteries on a planet electric

My planet electric cart will not run, and i cant even figure out how to get to the batteries to figure out if the batteries are bad. Went to their website and got a whole lot of nada. The website says it is up for sale. How do i access the batteries?
RMTGOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
RMTGOLF
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Batteries on a planet electric

Ok, so thanks to some previous posts, that i was able to go through, i was able to get the batteries out. Now where do i get them?
Old 09-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
Nate
Gone Wild

Post a number off the battery, I'll see if there is a replacement or alternative battery available.
Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
RMTGOLF
Not Yet Wild

Bp17-12 that is the number off of the battery. I also got a ub12180 the batteries are bb batteries. Thanks for your help~!!!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
RMTGOLF
Not Yet Wild

FOUND THE BATTERIES, ALSO GOT THEM ALL REPLACED. NOW THE CART RUNS GREAT! THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:19 AM   #6
kingpann
Not Yet Wild

I have a g4 also. do you have access to speed controllers? books to test the controler? somthing to get me started? thanks
kingpann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
Nate
Gone Wild

What battery did you go with, i came up with the UB12180 being the best bet.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
Nate
Gone Wild

You folks are right, there is not a whole lot on these cars any more. I keep running into dead ends so.... how good are you at modifying? The basics of these cars is sound but getting factory replacement parts looks slim. As for the drive system I got "it uses Chaz Haba's patented proprietary power train system". This means you put your own drive system in and replace the existing one. As soon as they say it's "proprietary" this means they want to charge excessively for parts anyway. You probably don't want to pay what they want if you do find a factory controller.
Kingpann, what can you tell me about the drive system? Does it use an AC, Series or Shunt motor? You may need to give me clues and ask more questions. (I couldn't even find this info on the web)
Old 10-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #9
RMTGOLF
Not Yet Wild

Ok so heres the thing, i got the same batteries thatyou suggested nate, and the only thing that i can seem to find on these carts is actually what i have pulled up on this site. Sad, huh? Not quite sure what happened to make it to where there no info but at my shop we were able to carefully modify the battery pack wiring. Good luck and let me know what else you can find out.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #10
Nate
Gone Wild

If one of these Planet Cars were mine I would build it... well like most every cart I have. The latest being a 2010 Zone, it's a great cart now.
First I strip the car down to the chassis and remove every wire and all electrical devices. Then I bolt on the biggest series wound torque motor that will fit on the diff. Then I calculate just how many batteries I can stuff in there for the highest voltage... within reason. Then I rewire the cart with new controller, solenoids, lights, relays, over-sized battery cables and a 12V system all of my choice. I will reuse original parts and wire but they may not be in their original configuration. It's a lot of work up front but repair cost and availability of parts is much easier to handle plus the performance is much better!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!