lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2019, 11:33 AM   #291
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Shop Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
Nice!
Even Jeremy Clarkson would like that one - me thinks.
Car & Driver, Motor Trend, and all the rest raved about the independent rear suspension, saying it handled like a BMW with raw power to spare. The Mustang passed the 50 year mark. Some things do get better with age
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (73.5 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2019, 07:42 PM   #292
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

There’s a guy in town here that has a 2018 with cams and a tune and some kind of exhaust (Magnaflow maybe) and it sounds like a true old muscle car. Havent seen him breaking any laws with it... but it sounds BAF when he takes off from a light.

I agree they got the looks right on this one, but around here I’m not seeing it flying off the lots.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:16 PM   #293
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I also have a manual transmission but I don't have any trouble telling when the 5.0 Coyote engine is running, in fact the neighbors can tell when the motor is running
But it is weird. I'm not a big fan of the new keyless entry and start system. Took me a week to learn some real basic stuff on the 2017 Mustang like turning on accessory mode. This car has so many computers just accessing all the info available is staggering. The on-dash info includes all the usual info plus individual tire air pressure readout, cylinder head temperature, air/fuel mixture ratio/and lighting options galore.
What sold me was they got the looks, the power, 4 wheel independent suspension, and a whole lot more right! This thing is just a kick in the pants to drive
Stang with a stick. Now I HOPE you have added a reverse buzzer like carts have so you don't back it into a wall or something!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:48 PM   #294
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

She is bad to the Bone. The Borla exhaust just roars to life when you get on it. It's every bit a muscle car. And it has more power & better handling than any of the old cars ever dreamed of delivering. We drove to school in the old cars.

Listen here >
Old 02-12-2019, 09:18 PM   #295
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

MAGNETIC VICE JAW PADS

These plastic pads are designed to prevent steel vise jaws from marring machined surfaces, soft metals and wood. They feature strong magnets to securely fasten over 4 to 5 in. jaws.

I bought these at Princess Auto (in Canada) for under $5 and they are great for working on materials that you don't want to damage the surface finish on.

IMG_9315.jpg IMG_9316.jpg IMG_9317.jpg
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:39 AM   #296
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
MAGNETIC VICE JAW PADS

These plastic pads are designed to prevent steel vise jaws from marring machined surfaces, soft metals and wood. They feature strong magnets to securely fasten over 4 to 5 in. jaws.

I bought these at Princess Auto (in Canada) for under $5 and they are great for working on materials that you don't want to damage the surface finish on.

Attachment 182182 Attachment 182179 Attachment 182180
I have 2 versions of these...I like that they can be slapped on when needed then easily removed.
Will posts some pics of the ones I've been using.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:58 AM   #297
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

In the olden days in the machine shop, we used leather( slipped pretty easy) aluminum ( worked pretty well) and sheets of lead. ( well . . . we didn’t know )
This looks like something developed by someone who actually used those other things . Thanks!
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:51 AM   #298
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Seeing ThreeCW's images, i think my next shop trick tool will be a Cat tree! perfect for holding photographic subjects ready for that one true shot.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:19 PM   #299
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Seeing ThreeCW's images, i think my next shop trick tool will be a Cat tree! perfect for holding photographic subjects ready for that one true shot.
Every shop / barn needs a cat tree ... complete with a few pussies ... those cats need to look out the window on the cold days
Old 02-13-2019, 03:25 PM   #300
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
In the olden days in the machine shop, we used leather( slipped pretty easy) aluminum ( worked pretty well) and sheets of lead. ( well . . . we didn’t know )
This looks like something developed by someone who actually used those other things . Thanks!
Just for the record, exactly how long ago were the "olden" days?

I think that I remember them too ... "olden days" used to be the 30's and 40's ... then became the 40's and 50's. Current reference for the "good old days" may be different.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop