lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2019, 12:33 AM   #281
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Default Re: Shop Tricks

So , how come when you rent a car, the 2 keyless fobs are locked together with a cable ? Does that make sense to anybody? ( beyond the rental agency)
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2019, 08:57 AM   #282
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
So , how come when you rent a car, the 2 keyless fobs are locked together with a cable ? Does that make sense to anybody? ( beyond the rental agency)
Probably not.
The problem with the key fob/push button start cars is that the fob is constantly sending out the activation code. There are devices which copy this transmission and repeat it to open and start a car for theft.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:01 AM   #283
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Years ago my mother was locking her keys in the car on a regular basis. We ended up hiding a door key inside a side marker light. Still had to find someone with a screwdriver, but that usually wasn't too hard.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:14 AM   #284
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I remember the days of putting the hidden key under the hood... before you had to be in the car to release the hood.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:57 PM   #285
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Probably not.
The problem with the key fob/push button start cars is that the fob is constantly sending out the activation code. There are devices which copy this transmission and repeat it to open and start a car for theft.
”What a world, what a world” . . . . the wicked witch
Old 02-10-2019, 11:44 PM   #286
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Probably not.
I finally drove one of those "key fob/push button start" cars the other day, it felt like I was trying to start a space ship or something. And it was a stick shift that's so quiet at idle you don't even know it's running, who came up with that... Turning it off felt like surgery too - uhh, is it ok to let other the clutch yet?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:59 PM   #287
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

When I have occasion to drive a rental, it takes me a long time to get going, finding the headlights, or turning them off, and finding the volume on the radio that the kid who washed the dang thing left cranked on something foul -
Old 02-11-2019, 07:05 AM   #288
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I finally drove one of those "key fob/push button start" cars the other day, it felt like I was trying to start a space ship or something. And it was a stick shift that's so quiet at idle you don't even know it's running, who came up with that... Turning it off felt like surgery too - uhh, is it ok to let other the clutch yet?
Not only that but the one I drove a few months ago automatic tranny, had a dial for the shifter, I kept reaching for the column, that was real hard to get used to. It also automatically shutoff when you pulled up to a stop light and started back when you pressed the gas. It was a '18 Ford Expedition, Real nice.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:58 AM   #289
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I also have a manual transmission but I don't have any trouble telling when the 5.0 Coyote engine is running, in fact the neighbors can tell when the motor is running
But it is weird. I'm not a big fan of the new keyless entry and start system. Took me a week to learn some real basic stuff on the 2017 Mustang like turning on accessory mode. This car has so many computers just accessing all the info available is staggering. The on-dash info includes all the usual info plus individual tire air pressure readout, cylinder head temperature, air/fuel mixture ratio/and lighting options galore.
What sold me was they got the looks, the power, 4 wheel independent suspension, and a whole lot more right! This thing is just a kick in the pants to drive
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0391.jpg (937.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 57136346706__B01BE659-A00D-4D41-AB31-AE5FFC12C724.JPG (1.15 MB, 0 views)
Old 02-11-2019, 10:27 AM   #290
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Nice!
Even Jeremy Clarkson would like that one - me thinks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop