lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2020, 09:58 PM   #1
bheeres8345
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 too much fuel need help to solve

Hello, I'm looking for some help with my 1996 Yamaha G16, i've had it for years with no issues and my kids are going into a state of withdraw without it :)

It recently developed an oil leak which ended up to be the crankcase gasket, which I was able to replace and correct that issue. The cart sat a while during this repair and since I removed the engine to make is easier to clean up the oil and replace the gasket, so during the time the fuel pump lines we disconnected from the crankcase and the carb.

Now the current problem, it gets way too much gas in the carb. if you take the air filter out you can actually see gas on the intake side and it is leaking out somewhere from the carb. I don't know a whole lot about small engines but I ordered a new float, needle, bowl gasket and installed those after cleaning it all up thinking that that the float wasn't getting it to seal off well.

I tested it today and that did absolutely nothing, same issue.

Here is one thing is noticed that makes me wonder if it is a fuel pump issue. If I take the fuel line off the carb, gas continues to drip, like its siphoning through the pump from the tank. if the cart is not running or trying to start should this line be sealed off and no fuel coming through? I'm wondering with the constant dripping of fuel into the carb that the whole carb is just overrun with gas.

Any thoughts? do I need a new fuel pump, is something else messed up in the carb?

Just so strange that this was working fine and acted up only after the oil gasket repair.

I appreciate your help.
bheeres8345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2020, 12:11 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 too much fuel need help to solve

Need a new needle valve, dont buy a cheapo carb from ebay, fix your original one.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:29 PM   #3
bheeres8345
Not Yet Wild

Thank for the reply, I did replace the needle valve and float with Yamaha parts. I was convinced that was the issue as well. There isn't any float adjustment on this carb so I figure with new parts my issue must be coming from somewhere else.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:00 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Not saying this is the case, but I've had carburetors go bad, like develop an internal crack somewhere from a faulty casting. I've had two carbs do this. Both were rebuilt multiple times with factory parts. One was a Mikuni, one was a Briggs. Once I replaced the carb, cured the problem. I replaced both of these with good used units and I installed the new parts into them. Might be worth a try?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:43 PM   #5
bheeres8345
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, I plan to take a closer look in the next day or two. I'll report back what I find.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha