lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2020, 03:34 PM   #1
968cab
Not Yet Wild

Default 2015 RXV wont move

Hello—

I’ve tried searching, and this forums is huge! Can’t really find a solution, so new thread...

I’m rebuilding a 2015 RXV. 48v. No lights, OEM battery gauge, otherwise basic. I’m to the point that I dropped new batteries in, re-installed the harness, and hooked everything up. Voltages all test good. Key switch works in R-N-F....I get the normal solenoid clicks etc. Run/Tow switch appears to work, but in Tow and Neutral, the thing won’t move.

Additionally the rear wheels won’t move via the accelerator, in either direction.

I do the lost power procedure (plug 1-2, 3-4 swap), and am able to roll the cart. Once I put the plugs back in place, turn the cart to R or F, the problem starts over again...won’t move in any configuration (as described above)

I’ve got a new motor brake and a new accelerator plunger switch on the way. Any other ideas?

It’s baffling me because EVERYTHING happens/works exactly how I would expect until I hit the gas pedal or try to roll

Thanks!
968cab is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2020, 04:57 PM   #2
968cab
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2015 RXV wont move

Also.... Brand new T1275s. Changer hooks up and works fine/normal.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:09 PM   #3
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Tow sw in run. KS to F, then after solenoid engages, check your voltage on the controller side of the solenoid, if it is lower than the line side of the sol, you have a bad solenoid. Just went thru that with a member's cart last week. I hope that is it.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:38 PM   #4
968cab
Not Yet Wild

Just checking I did it correctly... Set up the way you said Run/F. Solenoid does it’s thing. Check big terminal on each side using same ground point(small black wire connection, as small red is actual solenoid “power”)

If that’s all correct, 51.6 on both sides, immediately after disconnecting the charger. I will wait an hour or so and see if they are still the same, but working towards 48.

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-10-2020, 08:02 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Dont use the solenoid "small black wire" as a B- reference point (because that's what the controller switches to activate the solenoid). So Tow/Run in Tow & key in neutral doesnt unlock brake? (Not even for a few seconds). That sounds like a possible charge port issue.... but first, Stop using solenoid small black wire as a "B- test point", that wont work on a rxv.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 08:23 PM   #6
968cab
Not Yet Wild

Okay, what should I use?

Tow/neutral there is the usual clacking, both at brake and solenoid. But no wheel movement. I can rock the cart back and forth maybe 1”. I also just pulled the brake power plug and had 50.8V to the pins while in Tow/N.

Charge port?!? Didn’t think that was even a player. I’m all ears
Old 08-10-2020, 09:24 PM   #7
GATORB8
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

If the emergency procedure works, could be the run plug under the cupholders, is that in tight?
GATORB8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:29 PM   #8
GATORB8
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 968cab View Post
I also just pulled the brake power plug and had 50.8V to the pins while in Tow/N.
To the pins or between them? There should be pack voltage between the pins in tow neutral.

I’m surprised the emergency procedure works if this is true.
GATORB8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 10:09 PM   #9
968cab
Not Yet Wild

Multimeter with a lead on each pin...so pack voltage (I think. Electrical is NOT my strong suit)

I found an older thread that had nearly exact same problem description, and it was the solenoid, so I added that to my list to change. Cleared it right up for the guy.

Once I get the parts, I think I’ll swap the accelerator plunger first (it’s filthy anyway), then solenoid, then brake.

This cart was working perfectly mechanically last weekend. Stripped it down, replaced floor, tray, batteries...and now this issue. So frustrating.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:18 AM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Only use "Battery pack B-" as a "ground reference", as "ground" doesnt truly exsist on a golf cart that is properly wired. Not in the way you are thinking of. It's not like a car! A few carts do that (and some gas powered carts), but not any newer electric carts.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO