lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2020, 01:37 AM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2011 Yamaha YDREX won't go, REV buzzer no sound

Well, your original solenoid (JU6-h1950-00-00) is actually a very high quality unit. Would be regarded as a real beast compared to the "80a continuous' stuff ezgo & clubcar were using for their stuff at the time. Rated for 600a max & 225a continuous, straight from the factory! Compare it "by the numbers", it was no "dud" from the factory! I hold it in regard as 'very high quality OEM equipment', as the good aftermarket "white-rogers" high power upgrades (actually exceeds them by a small margin). The only real fails on these "trombetta" solenoids is when the connections are left loose. It's called the "trombetta bear" for a reason, it wasnt no junk. I'm not saying you couldnt buy better, but your OEM solenoid can stand equally amongst the typical upgrade parts for a performance build. Yamaha didnt "short change" you on that at all. (Ezgo used a dud that could barely play golf, and club car was just about as bad) both were "80a continuous".

In the "real world", you wiill likely be drawing less than 150a "continuous" while you are cruising at full speed, and if you are doing more than that, your battery life must really suck. (Yes, I have actually measured it, on stock carts & upgraded carts), around 85a for stock, and maybe 120a for "pretty fast hotrod street carts". (Pretty fast = 25-30 mph). These are DC carts, not AC carts. AC is typically better numbers by about 20-30% depending on configuration.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2020, 12:59 AM   #12
CaddyJack
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2011 Yamaha YDREX won't go, REV buzzer no sound

Alright guys, received my Alltrax XCT500YDRE package from carts Unlimited today and just finished my install. Voila, cart is running great and even hit 24mph tonight! Thanks for all of the help folks!!
CaddyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha