lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2020, 02:27 PM   #1
Downard254
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car DS power spring issue

Hi guys, new here, but I’ve got an issue and I need advice from experts. I have a ‘99 Club Car DS gasser, a year ago I threw a 6” lift on it and some larger tires. Not huge, just about 4” taller than stock. Anyway, that was enough to kill the acceleration/hill climbing power. I ordered the power spring for it and installed it last week. First thing I noticed when I took the driven clutch apart was the stock spring has a bent locking tab at each end that locks the spring into each respective part of the clutch. The power spring has no such tabs at the end of the spring. Once back together I took it for a test. The cart won’t climb because the inner sheave of the driven clutch is spinning on the shaft while the belt is slipping against the outer sheave, and the points on the are hitting on the two parts on either side of the spring. I figure the bent pins/locking tabs on the original spring prevented the inner sheave from spinning on the shaft. Any idea’s as to what my predicament is.?
Downard254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2020, 04:55 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car DS power spring issue

Either something didn’t get put back together properly, or the slide buttons or helix are worn out and/or damaged and need to be replaced.

The original spring has bent ends because it needs to be pre-tensioned in order for it to make the clutch operate properly.
The power spring is so stiff it does not need to be pre-tensioned, so it does not have tabs on the ends.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car