lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2020, 05:24 PM   #1
Laine
Not Yet Wild

Default G22e won’t go ,prev owner ran 36v battery instead of 48

I recently acquired a 2005 Yamaha G 22E. The owner said she was sick of changing batteries and gave it to a friend of mine who decided he did not want to mess with it. I got home and saw there were 6-6V batteries. I checked the batteries and sure enough there was no voltage. I went to the store and bought new 6v batteries. InstallEd the batteries and the cart ran great for two days. On the third day the cart died in the driveway. I started doing more research and discovered that a Yamaha G22E is a 48v cart. I took the 6 V batteries back and bought new 8 V batteries and installed. Golf Carts still won’t move. Since then I have checked the solenoid and it looks good, but it’s not getting voltage. How do I test the controller?
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2020, 06:45 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G22e won’t go ,prev owner ran 36v battery instead of 48

Check 3a fuse near the controller, good? Tow/run switch in Run, try reverse position, does reverse buzzer come on? (If not, verify its plugged in under the front body). Push the cart around, Does solenoid click, reverse buzzer beep, and cart resist pushing?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:11 PM   #3
Laine
Not Yet Wild

Been leaving the batteries unhooked when I’m not working on it. When I connect the negative cable it sounds like the solenoid clicks. The three amp fuse is good I checked it twice. Reverse buzzer does work. I don’t feel much resistance when we’re pushing it around.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:05 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Does the cart beep at you when you push it? Is the motor tach sensor connected? (3-wire plug on end of motor). Since the reverse buzzer comes on when in reverse, we know the controller is getting appropriate power to at least "try & do something".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:50 AM   #5
Laine
Not Yet Wild

So I hook the battery up this morning flip the tow switch to run, hear the solenoid kick in and now the reverse buzzer is not working.also checked the 3 amp fuse and it is still good.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:13 AM   #6
Laine
Not Yet Wild

Did the same thing Sunday and the reverse buzzer was working again.

Tags
g22e, how to test controller, won’t run
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha