lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2020, 11:36 AM   #21
NismoGriff
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My 96 Club Car DS Adventure

Once I got all the wiring done, I had to know if it worked. So I plugged in the run/tow switch and the F/R switch and connected the ignition switch. Turned on the key and and pressed the go pedal with my hand (it was still on the lift) and NOTHING. That's when it dawned on me that I hadn't done the OBC bypass yet. Did, that, and tied the wires up like you saw in the previous picture and retested.

SUCCESS!!!!

Short clip of the wheel moving for the first time.

IT WORKS!!

So at that point, I had to drive it. I installed the battery tie downs, threw the rear body on it, hooked on the seat and off I went!! This thing felt quick and remember.... still no brakes!! It was leaving trails in the gravel of my driveway and it rooster tailed gravel in my neighbors driveway

Well, at this point I knew it worked and I had two days to make it usable. I decided to mount the battery charger behind the batteries. It was then suggested to me that it might not be ideal because of the heat. I looked on the forum for ways other people mounted theirs. I found a member that mounted it in much the same way and he said he has had no issues for over a year. I decided it was going to stay there for at least the holiday weekend.

I didn't take any pictures of the brackets I made to support the bottom of it because I was thinking it might get changed.

At this point, I thought it was time to address the brakes. Turns out the adjusters were not sliding along the backing plate like they should. I pulled everything off, cleaned and greased it all, reassembled and adjusted them. They seemed good.... time would tell. Next step was to wire up the voltage reducer, headlights and taillights.
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2020, 06:02 PM   #22
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Great build!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:36 PM   #23
NismoGriff
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

So, I had pretty much decided that the body wasn't going to be finished before it went to the campground for the holiday weekend, not to mention that I only had 2 days left and it still needed lights. For headlights I decided to use some driving lights that I had bought to use as back-up lights for my truck and a couple of marker lights that were supposed to go on my on my cargo trailer as tail lights. Both of these would not affect my ability to put an actual light kit on later if I decide to. I was planning on just mounting the front lights on some metal brackets but I stopped at a local steel place and found some diamond plate drops. Hmmmm. I was now thinking a nice heavy duty bumper to replace the beat up stock one and I could mount lights directly to it.

Before paint.

After paint.

So while I was running the wires for the lights and the voltage reducer, I remembered some goodies I had stashed away that I thought would be fun on the holiday weekend. you can see them along the bottom of the bumper.

This is a horrible picture of the tail lights and the bonus lights on the back bumper.

Here is a small clip of the front bonus lights in action.

CLICKY CLICKY

The back lights are actually a little more animated. I also added an old alarm siren under the front cowl controlled by a button on the dash.

Made a receptacle for the onboard charger.

Threw the roof back on and off to the campground she went. She ran great all weekend. Tons of torque that made the big hills seem small. The campground was a dusty mess the whole weekend and so was the cart.

Decided to check out the top speed when I brought it back home.

So that's it for now. Planning on tearing it back down to finish the body and make some tweaks to the wiring. Probably put new shocks and bushings on it and who knows what else. Thanks for checking it out, hope my story wasn't too drawn out. I'll be sure to post updates here.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:52 PM   #24
NismoGriff
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Great build!
You're too kind.

This place is a wealth of information and the site sponsors are fantastic. Sad part is that this cart isn't done and I keep looking for another beater to build. I think I am just trying to avoid the start of the house remodel
Old 07-17-2020, 07:39 PM   #25
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Nice work

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #26
Not Yet Wild

Great work! build threads are the best
333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 08:15 PM   #27
NismoGriff
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
Nice work
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Great work! build threads are the best
Thanks!!

Funny thing happened over the weekend. The wife and I were driving around the campground (doing their posted 5 mph speed limit) and one of the campground workers came barreling down on us in a John Deere Gator, I just pulled off to the side thinking he would pass me. He stopped next to me and I think jokingly asked if I wanted to drag race. I smiled and started to roll and then punched it. I left him in a literal cloud of dust. I could hear him screaming and laughing. I pulled back over and when he rolled up he said with numerous expletives that he couldn't believe how fast the cart took off. It was pretty funny. I know 24 mph isn't smoking fast, but the cart is sort of a sleeper. It's raggedy looking but it's a runner
Old 07-19-2020, 09:12 PM   #28
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoGriff View Post
No sir!! I found it sort of odd too, especially since there wasn't any evidence of a point of impact.

Looks nice!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides