lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2020, 02:09 PM   #1
Wandyd
Not Yet Wild

Default 1989 columbia diodes?

Im still working on my par car. Noticed theres no diode between the two outside plugins on the key switch. I have 2 diodes further down in the witing harness. Motor turms over decent compression and gas to the cylinder and has spark. Would the diode on the switch cause the cart not too start. Also can you time the electric ignition module. The spark seems to be hit and miss.
Wandyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2020, 08:38 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1989 columbia diodes?

Those diodes can be pretty much anywhere in the forward / reverse leads from the key switch to the starter. These carts share a lot of the same wiring with F and R and the diodes serve to not have both going at the same time. Those don't go bad often. When they do they blow like fuses and you wouldn't have any action at all.

The diode at the key switch is only for the reverse buzzer so that it doesn't sound in forward. I am assuming your reverse buzzer is long gone so that diode is no longer in play.

The ignition module can be timed but, to be honest, you really shouldn't have to. Timing wouldn't help intermittent spark it would just cause the intermittent nature to occur at a different time.

Check all of the grounds associated with your module to make sure they are clean. Personally, I use dielectric grease on all of these connections. It could be that your ignition module is going bad as well. Check out the ignition module sticky on top of the forum.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar