lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2020, 10:19 PM   #1
SlapahoInjun
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default 1995 Columbia ParCar

Just picked up a cart that’s in great shape.

I had never even driven a golf cart prior to the test drive and purchase of this one.

Changed the air filter , spark plug & Filled the oil reservoir.

It does seem to get right up to speed fine and then bogs down. I suspect that is normal on account of the governor? It winds back up and seems to run fine.

Should I jack with bypassing the oil injected and just premix it myself ? How would I even know if it’s working anyways?

I’m also looking for a rear seat and upgraded suspension to support the rear seat occupants.
SlapahoInjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2020, 08:43 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1995 Columbia ParCar

Indeed, it seems as if your governor is limiting your speed. What's the top speed? Governors usually keep things at around 12 mph. Those can be bypassed which will get you close to 20 but I am not sure on the 1995s.

Personally, I don't trust the oil mix systems on any 2 cycle motor so I premix everything at 85 to 1 which is 1.5 ounces per gallon.

Rear seats from those are no longer made, unfortunately. Your only hope is to get one from another cart and modify it to make it fit.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:18 PM   #3
SlapahoInjun
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 1995 Columbia ParCar

Thanks Lochlin.
SlapahoInjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar