lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2020, 01:06 PM   #1
Alloyvert
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Vert's '12 Yamaha... time for a power boost!

We decided to get a cart 2 years ago and found this ‘12 Yamaha that was in excellent shape. The seller bought it new at a charity auction after it was customized by a local cart shop and used it exclusively for playing golf (he lived on a private course). It had a lot of exterior work done including a paint matched roof, custom front seats, windshield, front/rear light kit and 10 inch Rhox wheels. My only change thus far was to swap out the golf club rack for a rear seat along with a heavy duty set of rear springs. And surprisingly enough, it is still running the original set of Trojan batteries.

The 2 year mark into a hobby before modding starts seems to be a theme for me as I did the same thing with my ’07 Mustang (maybe it correlates with getting bored). Just like my car, the cart "needs" a power boost as our neighborhood has some hills and it struggles at times. Which brought me to this site as I found it while doing some searches that subsequently led me to Plowman’s. I had a great discussion with Don last week and decided to go with his Riot motor and controller kit. But unfortunately, the controllers are on back order… so the wait begins. Probably not a bad thing as I have several projects to wrap up around the house including a refresh of our deck next week.

Also considering a small lift and or taller tires as the lower edge of the rear seat footrest can drag when entering & leaving the yard through the drainage ditch. I am sure this forum will help me figure out what other mods I “need” to consider as well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cart 1.jpg (114.5 KB, 0 views)
Alloyvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2020, 04:42 PM   #2
Alloyvert
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Vert's '12 Yamaha... time for a power boost!

Yippee! Finally received a text from Plowman's today with the shipping information for my Riot kit. Should be here on Thurs., so hopefully I can install over the weekend.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:09 PM   #3
Alloyvert
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Vert's '12 Yamaha... time for a power boost!

The nice man in the brown van delivered the goods. I am sure he was grumbling a bit as that motor is a beast. It was very refreshing to see the made in the US logo on both parts... not to mention the 7/8/20 build date on the motor

Spent some time reviewing the instructions along with doing a couple searches on here. Install looks fairly straight forward and I assume the motor swap is probably the worst part given it’s weight.

Looks like the rear seat has to come out and also read it might be worth the time to pull the rear body. I may that play that by ear since I have not pulled it before, but open to any suggestions before tackling this on Sat.

Also looking for some suggestions on how to track the motor break-in time as I may need to get some type of hour meter as it could take us a while to log 50 hours. Worse case, this may just “force us” to take it for a nightly cruise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0F6DDBD5-EB49-4197-B4EA-5EA40BEB7274.jpeg (117.0 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides